The 2024 Presidential Race Thread

Box Ox

Might have to accept the fact that many Americans want a pseudo-dictatorship at the very least. Some want an outright monarchy.
If the Democrats truly believed a Trump election would equal a pseudo-dictatorship or monarchy they would've been lighting firecrackers under Biden's butt long before now.
Could've been a fatal mistake for the country. I think it's just hard to oust an incumbent, always has been.

Biden has the lowest poll numbers ever seen for an incumbent president. He's getting destroyed in the swing states.

Joe Biden: “Hey, by the way, I told you before, I’m happy to play you in golf if you carry your own bag.”

No one who isn't already voting for Trump likes seeing him challenge a senile old man who's being abused by his family to 18 holes of golf.

Next Day Err

Biden has the lowest poll numbers ever seen for an incumbent president. He's getting destroyed in the swing states.
It's bad. There's time to change but I don't believe they'll be a change. I'll be voting for him because of his administration and policies, not because he's as sharp as he was 15 years ago. I don't want loyal lapdogs at the heads of agencies, I want expertise.

vantexan

Might have to accept the fact that many Americans want a pseudo-dictatorship at the very least. Some want an outright monarchy.
Some of us, majority most likely, just want better governance than we've been getting the last 3.5 years. Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish with the low bar the Democrats have set.

newfie

It's bad. There's time to change but I don't believe they'll be a change. I'll be voting for him because of his administration and policies, not because he's as sharp as he was 15 years ago. I don't want loyal lapdogs at the heads of agencies, I want expertise.
under another Biden adminstration those head of agencies will be running the country while biden vegetates in the white house.

thats what you accuse the other side of.

vantexan

If Mayorkas, Buttigieg, and Garland aren't loyal lapdogs who lack expertise then who is?

vantexan

His first two years were extremely productive policy wise.
True, he reversed everything that Trump did and let in millions of people illegally. Let Russia invade Ukraine. Set off inflation. Got people killed withdrawing from Afghanistan. Don't know how much more of his productive policies we could've taken.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
True, he reversed everything that Trump did and let in millions of people illegally. Let Russia invade Ukraine. Set off inflation. Got people killed withdrawing from Afghanistan. Don't know how much more of his productive policies we could've taken.
Trust the plan!
Dear supreme leader Joe is playing 4d chess.
You have to destroy the country before you can build it back better.

fishtm2001

“My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land — in this case, the law of the state.”

Box Ox

“My view is now that we have abortion where everybody wanted it from a legal standpoint, the states will determine by vote or legislation or perhaps both. And whatever they decide must be the law of the land — in this case, the law of the state.”

Is this supposed to be outrageous or something?

fishtm2001

Is this supposed to be outrageous or something?
gobblygook as he abandons the gop’s decades long stance on the need for a national abortion ban and granting constitutional rights to fetuses, (both of which were included in both donald’s 2016 campaign platform and his 2020 re-election platform).

Box Ox

gobblygook as he abandons the gop’s decades long stance on the need for a national abortion ban and granting constitutional rights to fetuses, (both of which were included in both donald’s 2016 campaign platform and his 2020 re-election platform).

Sounds like he’s seeing current reality and trying to win the 2024 election. The Democrats should get serious about it too.