The Lets Get Rid Of Our Cops Movement

Box Ox

We spent two nights on patrol with the NYPD. Here's what they told us about spiking crime in the city

"I will say words matter," Inspector Joseph Seminara, commanding officer of the 46th Precinct, told CNN. "I think a lot of the small element here, that's making quality of life miserable for the hard-working community, feel emboldened that it's okay to ignore a lawful command by the police. It's okay to fight the police. Words matter."

The growing animosity creates real dangers for these officers on the beat.

"We've had people threaten us, you know, threaten to kill us, threaten to kill our families," Officer Rosado told me. "'I hope your family dies. I hope your family gets raped.' You know like, stuff like that, that we're supposed to brush off."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These politicians are to blame for not being hard on crime. You let the punks have free reign and this is what you get.

quad decade guy

These politicians are to blame for not being hard on crime. You let the punks have free reign and this is what you get.
No, D E M O C R A T I C politicians are to blame.

Now, let's start there.....In other words.....the people of New York City voted for these people and asked for it. Simple....they are getting exactly what they voted for and DESERVE.

oldngray

nowhere special
A mob gathered in Portland, Oregon's Lloyd District Thursday night to protest against an officer-involved shooting in the area earlier that left a suspect dead, the police said.

Some individuals threw items at officers, the Portland Police Bureau reported. One demonstrator tried to grab an officer’s baton and another officer was reportedly hit with pepper spray when he tried to intervene.

The department clarified on Twitter that the suspect was an "adult white male," citing "erroneous" information circulating on social media. No one else was injured in the incident.

Uh oh. The cops shot a white guy. Call off the riot.

Wally

A mob gathered in Portland, Oregon's Lloyd District Thursday night to protest against an officer-involved shooting in the area earlier that left a suspect dead, the police said.

Some individuals threw items at officers, the Portland Police Bureau reported. One demonstrator tried to grab an officer’s baton and another officer was reportedly hit with pepper spray when he tried to intervene.

The department clarified on Twitter that the suspect was an "adult white male," citing "erroneous" information circulating on social media. No one else was injured in the incident.

Uh oh. The cops shot a white guy. Call off the riot.
The punks rioting against the police must have "mob amber alert" or something? I wonder what the alert is, a burning building, or mass looting perhaps?

Wally

Screenshot_20210625-064805_Samsung Internet.jpg

I for one actually condone the violence and spike in crime lately. The less cops the better. Whatever gives me a better chance of blowing a basketball sized hole in someone's chest after they break into my house.

Box Ox

"Thanks to a sharp rise in crime in an affluent district in Atlanta, residents have mounted a campaign to secede from the majority Black city.

The Buckhead district is known for its luxury high-rise apartments, lavish restaurants and trendy boutique shops, but a spike in robberies, aggravated assault and larceny over the past year has left many in the community dismayed. Saying that Atlanta has abandoned them, they’ve formed the Buckhead City Committee, with the goal of forming a city of their own.

“Most of our residents live in fear. As a result, daily activities such as getting gas, carpooling or going for a walk are no longer done without careful consideration and concern for safety,” Bill White, CEO and chairman of the committee, told Yahoo News. “We have shootings in our neighborhoods every day, at all hours of the day.”

BH1.jpg

"But according to White, Buckhead’s crime issues should be a priority for everyone, adding that if Atlanta won’t address the recent spikes, the community has no choice but to seek its own remedy.

“We believe safety is a universal right,” he said. “Losing a loved one due to crime is a pain that nobody should experience, not in Buckhead, not anywhere.”

newfie

"Thanks to a sharp rise in crime in an affluent district in Atlanta, residents have mounted a campaign to secede from the majority Black city.

The Buckhead district is known for its luxury high-rise apartments, lavish restaurants and trendy boutique shops, but a spike in robberies, aggravated assault and larceny over the past year has left many in the community dismayed. Saying that Atlanta has abandoned them, they’ve formed the Buckhead City Committee, with the goal of forming a city of their own.

“Most of our residents live in fear. As a result, daily activities such as getting gas, carpooling or going for a walk are no longer done without careful consideration and concern for safety,” Bill White, CEO and chairman of the committee, told Yahoo News. “We have shootings in our neighborhoods every day, at all hours of the day.”

View attachment 342665

"But according to White, Buckhead’s crime issues should be a priority for everyone, adding that if Atlanta won’t address the recent spikes, the community has no choice but to seek its own remedy.

“We believe safety is a universal right,” he said. “Losing a loved one due to crime is a pain that nobody should experience, not in Buckhead, not anywhere.”
i was love how the liberal media spins a story. Buckhead is not only trying to escape high crime issues but a majority black city.

Box Ox

i was love how the liberal media spins a story. Buckhead is not only trying to escape high crime issues but a majority black city.

Noticed that too. Also noticed their downplaying of Buckhead's chances of success. A population of 87,000 is sufficient to build and maintain infrastructure in far less affluent southern cities.

Wally

Crime will surely be a major issue in the upcoming midterms. The defund and eliminate the cops movement of the left caused crime to increase.

newfie

Crime will surely be a major issue in the upcoming midterms. The defund and eliminate the cops movement of the left caused crime to increase.

crime is always there for the republicans when they need a campaign issue. They talk to much.

Trump should have taken a city and locked it down and made the liberals :censored2: or get off the pot.

Box Ox

Democrats are going to get shellacked next year and in 2024 over this stuff. Moderates disapprove of it big time and so do a large chunk of Democrats. Even in New York. It's a losing issue for Democrats nearly everywhere.

"Progressive proponents of defunding the NYPD are out of touch with the city’s Democratic electorate — with worries about crime and safety the greatest among the party’s lower-income and minority voters, a poll commissioned by The Post has found.

Opposition to last year’s $1 billion NYPD budget cut was also strongest in the crime-ridden Bronx, where more than 60 percent of respondents said they disapproved of the move by the City Council and Mayor Bill de Blasio.

A Brooklyn cop said of the results, “It doesn’t surprise me that the politicians don’t know what the people of the city really want.”

“If people aren’t safe, nothing else matters. People want to make sure that they can safely go to work and go to sleep at night in their homes,” the cop added."

NoDefund.jpg