dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
So they went to all of that trouble to run a sort and bring your work out to you and you felt if was OK to just take the stops that were convenient to you? 10 whole stops-----hope that didn't put you too far behind.

If they bring our work out to us we are expected to take it all and to say "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

We had 2 trailers show up just before start time and a third that a gypo had taken for a 380 mile joy ride in the wrong direction (he went to Buffalo rather than the BOG) that showed up just after 10. Our PDS wanted to cut us off at start time and roll those trailers but was told that he had to process them. City drivers were sent out and told to come back for their work-----I came back to a pile of 50-75 packages.

Busted my ass and was punched out at 1815 only to be rewarded with 38 stops off a residential split that had never left the bldg. Punched out for the night around 2025 and even with the double trip I was one of the first ones back.

Looks like you had your first real day at UPS! Congratulations bud!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We are going to have the corporate folks here all week. We were told “we put a little dent in the backlog” yesterday. I welcome the help.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
So they went to all of that trouble to run a sort and bring your work out to you and you felt if was OK to just take the stops that were convenient to you? 10 whole stops-----hope that didn't put you too far behind.

If they bring our work out to us we are expected to take it all and to say "thank you, sir, may I have another?"

We had 2 trailers show up just before start time and a third that a gypo had taken for a 380 mile joy ride in the wrong direction (he went to Buffalo rather than the BOG) that showed up just after 10. Our PDS wanted to cut us off at start time and roll those trailers but was told that he had to process them. City drivers were sent out and told to come back for their work-----I came back to a pile of 50-75 packages.

Busted my ass and was punched out at 1815 only to be rewarded with 38 stops off a residential split that had never left the bldg. Punched out for the night around 2025 and even with the double trip I was one of the first ones back.
Do you get a bonus or bigger raise for running and gunning?

35years

Gravy route
We are going to have the corporate folks here all week. We were told “we put a little dent in the backlog” yesterday. I welcome the help.
Can't be true, UPS said we were all caught up last week.:rolleyes:
UPS announced today (again) we are all caught up...
UPS Says Deliveries Are Back to Normal After Shopping Surge

Transit times are back to normal, the world’s largest courier said in a statementWednesday. Steve Gaut, a spokesman for UPS, said delivery performance improved last week from the week before. He disputed a report from a prominent research firm, which said UPS’s on-time rate had worsened in the company’s vast ground network.

“We’re in a position to complete the peak season satisfying our customers,” Gaut said.

UPS is under scrutiny from investors as it processes record demand for deliveries during this year’s holiday season, a time when the daily package volume doubles. The Atlanta-based company sent special teams to hubs around the country to contend with soaring demand that created what Gaut called a “bubble” in its network after Black Friday.

The bubble has now dissipated, Gaut said. But ShipMatrix, a research firm that studies the performance of couriers, found that last week the company’s ground network delivered 91.5 percent of its packages on time, down from 94.4 percent the previous week.

Wow, this is what he calls satisfying our customers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center is 100% clean going in to today. We are working Saturday to take the pressure off of next Tuesday, which is supposed to be Peak Day. As of now we are not working on the 23rd-----the reason being the 22nd is a regular work day, as is the 26th.

vvv

Looks like you had your first real day at UPS! Congratulations bud!

I can't believe what a clown you are jumping thru hoops for these guys.

I'm clueless, but in a different way than you, in why you do what you do for UPS.

I can assure you that many of your past and present sups over the years have to be coffee clutching in the morning meetings and bringing you up laughing and saying what a runner and pushover we have here.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Can't be true, UPS said we were all caught up last week.:rolleyes:
UPS announced today (again) we are all caught up...

I'm about to leave my house an hour late because our normal 9 AM start time is now 10. Three major areas in Texas, Florida, and Atlanta were hardest hit. We were rolling 30 loads a day for a week in a small Hub with maybe 200 peak routes. We were short of drivers all year and peak hiring was late. Very poor planning locally, the Summer Planning meeting was a joke from what I have heard by people there. My hub runs three Sorts and the Midnight not getting through so the Preload can start on time has been a major problem.

hegro

Dispatched w/ 400 stops yesterday...

Didn't miss any due to the poor souls they made come grab stops. Today should be better, right? :lol: