Today with Integrity (ON TOPIC )

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

The power of God's spirit is the greatest power in the universe. Our conquest of each other, the great kings and conquerors, the conquest of wealth, the leaders of the money society, all amount to very little in the end. But he who conquers himself is greater than he who conquers a city. Material things have no permanence. But God's spirit is eternal. Everything really worthwhile in the world is the result of the power of God's spirit.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

There are two things that we must have if we are going to change our way of life. One is faith, the confidence in things unseen, the fundamental goodness and purpose in the universe. The other is obedience: that is, living according to our faith, living each day as we believe that God wants us to live, with gratitude, humility, honesty, purity, unselfishness, and love. Faith and obedience, these two, will give us all the strength we need to overcome sin and temptation and to live a new and more abundant life.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

I must live in the world and yet live apart with God. I can go forth from my secret times of communion with God to the work of the world. To get the spiritual strength I need, my inner life must be lived apart from the world. I must wear the world as a loose garment. Nothing in the world should seriously upset me, as long as my inner life is lived with God. All successful living arises from this inner life.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Be calm, be true, be quiet. Do not get emotionally upset by anything that happens around you. Feel a deep, inner security in the goodness and purpose in the universe. Be true to your highest ideals. Do not let yourself slip back into the old ways of reacting. Stick to your spiritual guns. Be calm always. Do not talk back or defend yourself too much against accusation, whether false or true. Accept criticism as well as you accept praise. Only God can judge the real you.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Thought for Today

Be calm, be true, be quiet. Do not get emotionally upset by anything that happens around you. Feel a deep, inner security in the goodness and purpose in the universe. Be true to your highest ideals. Do not let yourself slip back into the old ways of reacting. Stick to your spiritual guns. Be calm always. Do not talk back or defend yourself too much against accusation, whether false or true. Accept criticism as well as you accept praise. Only God can judge the real you.
Please stop telling me what to do. I already have a wife.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Each day is a day of progress, steady progress forward, if you make it so. You may not see it, but God does. God does not judge by outward appearance. He judges by the heart. Let Him see in your heart a simple desire always to do His will. Though you may feel that your work has been spoiled or tarnished, God sees it as an offering for Him. When climbing a steep hill, a person is often more conscious of the weakness of his stumbling feet than of the view, the grandeur, or even of the upward progress.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

God is all around us. His spirit pervades the universe. And yet we often do not let His spirit in. We try to get along without His help and we make a mess of our lives. We can do nothing of any value without God's help. All our human relationships depend on this. When we let God's spirit rule our lives, we learn how to get along with others and how to help them.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Not what you do so much as what you are, that is the miracle-working power. You can be a force for good, with the help of God. God is here to help you and to bless you, here to company with you. You can be a worker with God. Changed by God's grace, you shed one garment of the spirit for a better one. In time, you throw that one aside for a yet finer one. And so from character to character, you are gradually transformed.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

Remember that the first quality of greatness is service. In a way, God is the greatest servant of all, because He is always waiting for us to call on Him to help us in all good endeavor. His strength is always available to us, but we must ask it of Him through our own free will. It is a free gift, but we must sincerely seek for it. A life of service is the finest life we can live. We are here on earth to serve others. That is the beginning and the end of our real worth.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

You cannot help others unless you understand the person you are trying to help. To understand the problems and temptations of others, you must have been through them yourself. You must do all you can to understand others. You must study their backgrounds, their likes and dislikes, their reactions and their prejudices. When you see their weaknesses, do not confront the person with them. Share your own weaknesses, sins, and temptations and let other people find their own convictions.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Thought for Today

You cannot help others unless you understand the person you are trying to help. To understand the problems and temptations of others, you must have been through them yourself. You must do all you can to understand others. You must study their backgrounds, their likes and dislikes, their reactions and their prejudices. When you see their weaknesses, do not confront the person with them. Share your own weaknesses, sins, and temptations and let other people find their own convictions.
Nobody asked for your help.
This nonsense above may work for drunks, but not others. In fact it’s like something Jones or Koresh would have their cult followers do.

Don’t you get that?

Are you in a cult?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nobody asked for your help.
And?
This nonsense above may work for drunks, but not others.
I know many who enjoy these reading, drunks and others.
In fact it’s like something Jones or Koresh would have their cult followers do.

Don’t you get that?
I have little knowledge of what these 2 men taught their followers
Are you in a cult?
No.

@Lineandinitial ,

You may want to try the ignore feature.

Just sayin.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I have little knowledge of what these 2 men taught their followers

@Lineandinitial ,

You may want to try the ignore feature.

Just sayin.
I think your unsolicited cult recruitment is annoying.

As the instigator of this cult recruitment activity, it is your responsibility to "do the next right thing" and cease because the AA cult tells you that is what a good person does.....

So are you a good cult follower or not?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Thought for Today

God is the great interpreter of one human personality to another. Even personalities who are the nearest together have much in their natures that re mains a sealed book to each other. And only as God enters and controls their lives are the mysteries of each revealed to the other. Each personality is so different. God alone understands perfectly the language of each and can interpret between the two. Here we find the miracles of change and the true interpretation of life.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Deep thoughts from shallow minds say nothing and do a person absolutely no good for this life or the next.
Even if it is in bold print.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Deep thoughts from shallow minds say nothing and do a person absolutely no good for this life or the next.
Even if it is in bold print.
AA is supposed to be a “program of attraction rather than promotion”.
With their miserable 95% failure rate and the idiots that are constantly putting their failed “THOUGHTS” and beliefs in others faces, even when they’re asked to stop, shows how these weak-minded cult followers for what they are.
AA members are selfish and don’t give a :censored2: about themselves or anyone else. The charade they play is transparent to everyone except the wet brained.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think your unsolicited cult recruitment is annoying.
I do not solicit cult recruitment.

Are you speaking of AA?

Do you believe AA is a cult?
As the instigator of this cult recruitment activity, it is your responsibility to "do the next right thing" and cease because the AA cult tells you that is what a good person does.....
I don’t know what you are talking about.
So are you a good cult follower or not?
IMO This question does not apply to me.