Tradtional vs Portable

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Its a % of your yearly salary. They arent gonna give everybody money based on hours they didnt work.
Get back on retirement.fedex.com and READ. Assumptions and $ are based on a 45 hour week. But then, that doesn't align with your worldview, does it.

Oldfart

Get back on retirement.fedex.com and READ. Assumptions and $ are based on a 45 hour week. But then, that doesn't align with your worldview, does it.
Assumptions? I don't deal in assumptions. ACTUAL deposits are based on a % of last years salary? Assumptions don't pay the Directv bill.

Serf

Its a % of your yearly salary. They arent gonna give everybody money based on hours they didnt work.
Was referring to how much the $ makes annually in interest. FedEx gives 5-6-7% of salary based on age in contribution to pitiful PPA annually.

Oldfart

Was referring to how much the $ makes annually in interest. FedEx gives 5-6-7% of salary based on age in contribution to pitiful PPA annually.
Once again. A 4% guaranteed return is very impressive. Ask most money managers. That return is unheard off in most circles. FedEx has to put it somewhere like that. If they invested it in anything more aggressive and the market had a repeat of 2008, where do you think our PPA would go. They can't risk making 10% one year and losing 15% the next. People cry enough as it is.

abused.crr

Once again. A 4% guaranteed return is very impressive. Ask most money managers. That return is unheard off in most circles. FedEx has to put it somewhere like that. If they invested it in anything more aggressive and the market had a repeat of 2008, where do you think our PPA would go. They can't risk making 10% one year and losing 15% the next. People cry enough as it is.

I was guaranteed a conventional type retirement when I started and after 10 or 11 years it was stopped. Now I'm guaranteed 4%. Fool me once...