Trump's secret police in Portland

newfie

You never question the government. You support federal troops invading a city against the wishes of local elected officials. That’s fascism, own it.

i would object to that if it happened, I also object to federal police officers being used in a defensive position. they should be the agressors beating the snot out of those pencil neck geeks.

Box Ox

40 U.S. Code § 1315 - Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Security for protection of public property

"40 U.S. Code § 1315.Law enforcement authority of Secretary of Homeland Security for protection of public property"

(a)In General.—

To the extent provided for by transfers made pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, the Secretary of Homeland Security (in this section referred to as the “Secretary”) shall protect the buildings, grounds, and property that are owned, occupied, or secured by the Federal Government (including any agency, instrumentality, or wholly owned or mixed-ownership corporation thereof) and the persons on the property.

(b)Officers and Agents.—

(1)Designation.—

The Secretary may designate employees of the Department of Homeland Security, including employees transferred to the Department from the Office of the Federal Protective Service of the General Services Administration pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, as officers and agents for duty in connection with the protection of property owned or occupied by the Federal Government and persons on the property, including duty in areas outside the property to the extent necessary to protect the property and persons on the property.

(2)Powers.—While engaged in the performance of official duties, an officer or agent designated under this subsection may—

(A)
enforce Federal laws and regulations for the protection of persons and property;

(B)
carry firearms;

(C)
make arrests without a warrant for any offense against the United States committed in the presence of the officer or agent or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if the officer or agent has reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing a felony;

(D)
serve warrants and subpoenas issued under the authority of the United States;

(E)
conduct investigations, on and off the property in question, of offenses that may have been committed against property owned or occupied by the Federal Government or persons on the property; and

(friend)
carry out such other activities for the promotion of homeland security as the Secretary may prescribe."

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
All they are are Border Guards that have been reassigned for awhile. Get over it. While they are being used in Portland I'm sure the drug smugglers are having a hay day.
If they're not needed on the border I suggest some layoffs are in order. Got to cut the deficit somewhere.

floridays

Itzy probably enjoyed that ... she blows big time! :raspberry-tounge:
Settle this once and for all, is he a she or visa versa or MWF, TT, whatever?
Saturday, Sunday, just depends if he?she wants to put on girl make up, or just lay around and scratch the balls?

This is all very confusing, either way I'll bet he/she blows the flute.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If we start red-flagging these "protesters" first, will the Left be okay with them getting secret police snatched then? Because they never had a problem with police stomping all over people's rights in those cases.

fishtm2001