UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

Chester

Many of the younger drivers have a spouse that works on the weekends until they get top rate. Child care isn't cheap.
Yea imagine working somewhere where you had to pay for your insurance, be thankful for what we have. I’ll take that $10 copay all day long.

DOK

How exactly do you or drivers in your center get harassed? Where I’m at we punch in, work, then go home.

Well to name a few just off the top of my head.

Production numbers harassment. Pulled into the office twice a week to be questioned about our day and methods.

Harassment/production rides. 1 day and 3 days. Even though we grieve it.

Telematics harassment daily. How many times you back, back first, seatbelt, bulkhead door, ext..

It must be your area or whatever I don’t know, they never mention production here, at least to the drivers. It’s all safety stuff. What telematics elements do they key on in your area? Whenever they bring that up I reply, we still doing telematics? ‍️

DOK

I reread your post and saw what you said abt telematics, they’re hot on those issues here as well. Generally though we do pretty good on those elements. We have a few routes that back ZERO, and a few that back under 5 times.

It must be your area or whatever I don’t know, they never mention production here, at least to the drivers. It’s all safety stuff. What telematics elements do they key on in your area? Whenever they bring that up I reply, we still doing telematics? ‍️
In 2013 I got a performance ride on the 7A because I was the highest over allowed the day before. I did the 2B the day before. It was the 3rd time I’ve done the 2B. It changed about 70% since the last time I did it 4 months prior.... that’s why I’m striking.

Chester

In 2013 I got a performance ride on the 7A because I was the highest over allowed the day before. I did the 2B the day before. It was the 3rd time I’ve done the 2B. It changed about 70% since the last time I did it 4 months prior.... that’s why I’m striking.
How long have you been FT?

Chester

I'm not daysay we don't have it good in somethings, I'm just not willing to give up what we have .
What will we be giving up? UPS operations are out of the unions hands, 70 hour workweek I would vote down unless it had clause we could deny without discipline.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
What you say you agree with or disagree with for my post is somewhat hilarious. I didn't give you a stance either way.

I think the part timers need to start off at fifteen an hour and get there benefits in six months instead of a year. I think we need to Figure out how we are going to be a seven day delivery company in a way thats fair while not turning UPS package into a loser compared to the rest of the portfolio. I also think we need to maintain the benefits with a possibility of them getting even better, all while not paying for them. I think when this contract is negotiated these things will be addressed. Maybe not like everyone wants, but sometimes you can't make everyone happy.
What you said,is not giving a stance? Then what IS? :D Were you drunk and high when you posted that? I'm not "judging" or being presumptuous ! :D