UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

Tony Q

The past several contracts have all been slow-leak giveaways where there are a few gains, but a few more losses. That's all I was saying. If you feel the IBT has negotiated great contracts for you, that's nice, but doesn't help a lot of people and areas that are neglected. And I agree with the first part of your post, part-timers should certainly get out and vote and take more of the pie. but all the "I's" and "mes" at the end tells me that you got yours but not much else.

I did work part-time for almost five years before going full-time and the wage was $9.50/hr (preloader) up to ~13.50 when I went full-time. That was not good pay then and it's drastically less valuable now.
What you say you agree with or disagree with for my post is somewhat hilarious. I didn't give you a stance either way. All I said is that I have done pretty good these last 21 years and that I hope that this company stays around a while because I want to keep feeding off it. All your others words in your reply are just you posting stuff to make you feel better or pass the time. You last any substance, and presume to much. Take a step back and try and read between the lines. Maybe you will learn a thing or two, respectfully, of course.

Tony Q

Well to name a few just off the top of my head.

Production numbers harassment. Pulled into the office twice a week to be questioned about our day and methods.

Harassment/production rides. 1 day and 3 days. Even though we grieve it.

Telematics harassment daily. How many times you back, back first, seatbelt, bulkhead door, ext..
From reading your posts for a little while I'm sure you have filed a grievance or two on the harassment. Why not take it the next step and call OSHA and explain that you are working in a hostile work enviroment. Just to let you know they will get involved in this as well. You get whistle blower protection and they will really not see this avenue coming.

It's still in seniority order. Ask from the top and force from the bottom.
They will put up a sign up sheet hear. And force from the bottom. But many aren’t forced in due to lack of hours. Last peak we had 2 year drivers staying home while 30 year drivers were working

They will put up a sign up sheet hear. And force from the bottom. But many aren’t forced in due to lack of hours. Last peak we had 2 year drivers staying home while 30 year drivers were working
Guess they need to manage their hours a little better during the week and maybe use some more helpers.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Then UPS should be willing to pay a premium wage for Union employees working on the weekends.

Why is everyone so worked up over this now? Feeders and hub sorts already run 7 days a week with no premium pay.

It's 11 AM on a Sunday morning and right now there are day sorts running in hubs. There are also lots of feeder drivers making trips to the railyards right now, as well as other runs.

Why is package so special?

Why is everyone so worked up over this now? Feeders and hub sorts already run 7 days a week with no premium pay.

It's 11 AM on a Sunday morning and right now there are day sorts running in hubs. There are also lots of feeder drivers making trips to the railyards right now, as well as other runs.

Why is package so special?
Would you like to work Saturday and Sunday?
Sunday is double time here. I'll take 12 hours please.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Would you like to work Saturday and Sunday?
Sunday is double time here. I'll take 12 hours please.

I am coverage so I work when it's offered, but probably 40% of our feeder runs work either one or the other.
We get no premium pay for any weekend work unless it's an extra punch.

I'm sure most people would like the weekends off but this is the profession we chose. Do you think there is a pharmacist, nursing or physician forum where people whine about having to work weekends?

I am coverage so I work when it's offered, but probably 40% of our feeder runs work either one or the other.
We get no premium pay for any weekend work unless it's an extra punch.

I'm sure most people would like the weekends off but this is the profession we chose. Do you think there is a pharmacist, nursing or physician forum where people whine about having to work weekends?
It wasn't part of the job when we signed up for this.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I'm not worried about myself. But that does cause some child care issues for some drivers.

I agree, but we are a service industry and times change.

I think the fairest way to do it would be to rotate schedules and let seniority choose weekends off in order.

Maybe every driver has to work 5 weekends a year or whatever the number is, #1 driver chooses his 5 and on down the list it goes.

I agree, but we are a service industry and times change.

I think the fairest way to do it would be to rotate schedules and let seniority choose weekends off in order.

Maybe every driver has to work 5 weekends a year or whatever the number is, #1 driver chooses his 5 and on down the list it goes.
I'm grandfathered in as a Monday through Friday driver. So that's not going to happen.