UPS profit = Raises?

Vanakka512

So our president passed tax reform which dropped taxes on all businesses by 14%
But to let you know the truth the democrats want to repeal this tax cut of 14%, so why would UPS give up raises based on all that extra profit? If the democrats do repeal it at some point succeed why would UPS offer raised based on a temp profit increase?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
But to let you know the truth the democrats want to repeal this tax cut of 14%, so why would UPS give up raises based on all that extra profit? If the democrats do repeal it at some point succeed why would UPS offer raised based on a temp profit increase?
Because the tax cuts are permanent and if Dems run on that, they will lose.

upschuck

I never thought it should be put in a raise, because it is probably temporary. Maybe some kind of peak bonus, as long as cuts stay in place(off the top of my head).

Tony Q

DECEMBER 19TH 2007

Thank God we signed that contract when we did or we would have been handed our ass. Just imagine if that contract would have been signed on August 1st 2008?

Hindsight is always 20/20

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
you can count on 3.90 because thats what we got last contract

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
so why would UPS give up raises based on all that extra profit?

They would not, but they could also follow suite of other companies and give bonuses based on the tax cuts.

Fedex did.

No, they did not.

I thought they just advanced the date of their regular raises.

Yep. They just advanced by 6 months the raises they were scheduled to get before the tax cuts were implemented.

I never thought it should be put in a raise, because it is probably temporary. Maybe some kind of peak bonus, as long as cuts stay in place

I agree.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Because the tax cuts are permanent and if Dems run on that, they will lose.
Best way to rollback this crap though would be to gut most if not all citizens taxes from toll bridges to sugar taxes and then slap on a property investment tax and various buisness operation penalty fees based on the benefits not offered.

Tony Q

Best way to rollback this crap though would be to gut most if not all citizens taxes from toll bridges to sugar taxes and then slap on a property investment tax and various buisness operation penalty fees based on the benefits not offered.
I kinda like the tax on all sugar idea. We wouldn't be the most overweight nation in the world possibly!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
DECEMBER 19TH 2007

Thank God we signed that contract when we did or we would have been handed our ass. Just imagine if that contract would have been signed on August 1st 2008?

Hindsight is always 20/20
And yet they still made plenty of profit.

Had a center manager complaining it was our worst quarter in the history of the company. "If we have 8 more quarters like this we won't be making money anymore!!!!"

So hold up we have to have 2 years progressively worse than the worst quarter in the history of the company then we'd be losing money.....not out of business. Just not turning a profit.

Tony Q

And yet they still made plenty of profit.

Had a center manager complaining it was our worst quarter in the history of the company. "If we have 8 more quarters like this we won't be making money anymore!!!!"

So hold up we have to have 2 years progressively worse than the worst quarter in the history of the company then we'd be losing money.....not out of business. Just not turning a profit.
I think I remember in some of those years UPS only turning a profit in the mid 2 billion range.