UPS retirement ?

vmgr152

What are everyone's opinions about taking early retirement I took it and got paid $1,000 full-time and $300 part-time a month. But I also invested in many other things while working at UPS had multiple rental properties multiple businesses I actually was making more for my other businesses than UPS that's why I left. When I left UPS in 2020 I was making over $250,000 a year. I was only a package car driver then I went to feeders.

Thebrownblob

What are everyone's opinions about taking early retirement I took it and got paid $1,000 full-time and $300 part-time a month. But I also invested in many other things while working at UPS had multiple rental properties multiple businesses I actually was making more for my other businesses than UPS that's why I left. When I left UPS in 2020 I was making over $250,000 a year. I was only a package car driver then I went to feeders.
Nobody knows your personal situation better than you.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
I was in management and retired at 58 with 33 years in. My biggest regret was not leaving 3 years earlier when I was eligible.

Everyone's financial/personal situation is different, but in my experience, retirement is well, pretty freaking awesome. If you can swing it, do it!

Good luck!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I now get paid more to do nothing than I ever made working.
Forced to retire due to a medical issue at 60 1/2.
Plus the union kicked in an additional $1,000/month until I was 62 ( 18 months worth ).
In a few months social security will start at age 70, yes I waited { hey, an 8% return/year for 4 years was worth it }.
Retirement is no longer a dirty word for me.
With some planning and investing , even the dumbest can find some financial success.

rod

Retired 23 years
I now get paid more to do nothing than I ever made working.
Forced to retire due to a medical issue at 60 1/2.
Plus the union kicked in an additional $1,000/month until I was 62 ( 18 months worth ).
In a few months social security will start at age 70, yes I waited { hey, an 8% return/year for 4 years was worth it }.
Retirement is no longer a dirty word for me.
With some planning and investing , even the dumbest can find some financial success.
Thanks for waiting to draw SS. It helped my piece of the pie stay solvent. Now all you have to do is live until like 88 years old and you will break even.

I was in management and retired at 58 with 33 years in. My biggest regret was not leaving 3 years earlier when I was eligible.

Everyone's financial/personal situation is different, but in my experience, retirement is well, pretty freaking awesome. If you can swing it, do it!

Good luck!
Well new management doesn't have a pension

There's really no incentive to go into a management job anymore

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Thanks for waiting to draw SS. It helped my piece of the pie stay solvent. Now all you have to do is live until like 88 years old and you will break even.
That will not be an issue, my older siblings are well past that age and still going strong.