UPS stock

Investing too much where you work is putting too many eggs in the same basket.
There's nothing wrong with putting a few dollars a week every week out of your paycheck and reinvest in the dividends by the time you retire you have a nice little chunk of money

But you've been on her long enough how many people want to cash in a stock because they don't have a emergency fund or extra cash on hand

It's a nice supplement once you get your other things lined up

The market goes up and down, over the long run you make out very good. Just go look at what you would have if you invested 20 years ago in UPS stock. It's a long game...
Screenshot_20240805-182925.png
Screenshot_20240805-183009.png

ManInBrown

Not a moneymaker and 5% just isn’t worth it. Used to be 10% from what I’ve been told. Then it would be worth it. It’s nice they’ve dropped the needing a certain number of available shares to sell without filling out a million forms. Still not worth it.

Not a moneymaker and 5% just isn’t worth it. Used to be 10% from what I’ve been told. Then it would be worth it. It’s nice they’ve dropped the needing a certain number of available shares to sell without filling out a million forms. Still not worth it.
There's nothing wrong with buying some shares in the company this long as it's not too big of a position in your portfolio.

You have to quantify many other goals first before you start investing into individual stocks later

Just have an adequate emergency fund and put money into your retirement accounts especially Roth if you can

Then when you have extra money you can buy a little bit of UPS stock

Thebrownblob

There's nothing wrong with buying some shares in the company this long as it's not too big of a position in your portfolio.

You have to quantify many other goals first before you start investing into individual stocks later

Just have an adequate emergency fund and put money into your retirement accounts especially Roth if you can

Then when you have extra money you can buy a little bit of UPS stock
I never did start buying UPS stock, although there was a time when I would’ve considered it. That is not now. This is nowhere near same company It was just 10 years ago.

I never did start buying UPS stock, although there was a time when I would’ve considered it. That is not now. This is nowhere near same company It was just 10 years ago.
It's a good dividend income generator

So many other stocks and they never seem to go up.

Go somebody wants to put 10 or 20 bucks a week every pay and reinvest the dividends over their career.
It'd be a nice way to accumulate a little bit money painlessly.

If it's a good investment or not I can't answer that.