UPS stock

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I started buying UPS stock in 2000 and continued until I retired in 2020. I first started with $50 a week then later $75 then after a few more years I bumped it to $100. The last couple years I was at $150 and the last 6 months $200. I always reinvested the dividends and still do. I’m sitting on about 2000 shares now. The dividends at this point is almost $13,000 a year. I never really missed the money. I was also putting money in other things during this time.

I started buying UPS stock in 2000 and continued until I retired in 2020. I first started with $50 a week then later $75 then after a few more years I bumped it to $100. The last couple years I was at $150 and the last year $200. I always reinvested the dividends and still do. I’m sitting on about 2000 shares now. The dividends at this point is almost $13,000 a year. I never really missed the money. I was also putting money in other things during this time.
Are you still reinvesting or are you taking the dividends?

Darmark7

Are you still reinvesting or are you taking the dividends?

I’m still reinvesting. I really haven’t needed the money yet. I was going to take some dividend money this and next quarter but with the price of UPS stock so low I changed my mind. Those dividends can buy a nice chunk of stocks at the end of this month.

I’m still reinvesting. I really haven’t needed the money yet. I was going to take some dividend money this and next quarter but with the price of UPS stock so low I changed my mind. Those dividends can buy a nice chunk of stocks at the end of this month.
Hell yeah with the lower stock price in the the dividend enhancements they gave you you could really add on

Darmark7

I actually just checked , last few years , end of my year paystub since starting . I’ve paid 1890 into it , and it’s at 1508 bucks … wtf

Don‘t sweat it. it‘s a long game. Plus those dividends pay the same amount if the stock is $100 or $200. The lower the stock price the more you get with your money.
It’s a strange place to be in when you get quite a few stocks. I kind of want the price to go up but when it gets time for the dividends to reinvest I’m hoping for a lower price.

Don‘t sweat it. it‘s a long game. Plus those dividends pay the same amount if the stock is $100 or $200. The lower the stock price the more you get with your money.
It’s a strange place to be in when you get quite a few stocks. I kind of want the price to go up but when it gets time for the dividends to reinvest I’m hoping for a lower price.
Especially if you don't have any plans to sell it.

But if you didn't have other investments this will definitely make you nervous.

Darmark7

Especially if you don't have any plans to sell it.

But if you didn't have other investments this will definitely make you nervous.

It still makes me a little concerned. Me being more about the dividends than selling the stock helps me stay calm when the price drops. For example when the stock was over $200 a share I had (on paper) over $400,000 worth and now at the current price it’s more around $250,000. That would make me sweat if I needed to sell the stock but since I am in it for the dividends I’m excited about how much more stock my dividends purchase each quarter.

It still makes me a little concerned. Me being more about the dividends than selling the stock helps me stay calm when the price drops. For example when the stock was over $200 a share I had (on paper) over $400,000 worth and now at the current price it’s more around $250,000. That would make me sweat if I needed to sell the stock but since I am in it for the dividends I’m excited about how much more stock my dividends purchase each quarter.
If you're just using that stock for potential dividend income and not worry about selling it because you have other investments

You Will be just fine

DOK

I started buying UPS in 2001 I've made out very well. Did you ?
I’ve been in since mid 90’s, when we were first able to purchase, it’s done ok but there’s plenty out there that have done much better. It does pay a decent dividend now but not always, time will tell if they can maintain that dividend. If we go into a recession it’s doubtful.