UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 2012

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

I saw the RNO love today. I am planning on dumping the shares close to ex date, but expect alot more wild swings of RNO before the anouncement. I may set a $16 sell order tonight with a 30 day duration. I think my break even price is 13.90 factoring in trading costs.

brownboyups

Re: UPS/Teamster 401k...Prudential to a Dreyfus self managed account...+22.86% for 20

I saw the RNO love today. I am planning on dumping the shares close to ex date, but expect alot more wild swings of RNO before the anouncement. I may set a $16 sell order tonight with a 30 day duration. I think my break even price is 13.90 factoring in trading costs.

RHINO RESOURCE PARTNERS LP COM UNIT REPSTG LTD PARTNER Historical Prices RNO | DailyFinance

look at the date 1-29-13 and then look at the next 6 trading days
this is why we must get out and not collect the dividend
if it never gets to $16 then collect the dividend and will have to wait another 3 months
never going to get hurt with this company

i have $59,000 on the line

trying to make $12,000 in 7 weeks

Last edited:

brownboyups

my personal goal is to make $10,000 per month in dividends (minus 20% taxes) $8,000 free and clear
RNO and the other stocks is a means to get there...lets make lots of money

i got to break last years 22.86%...i feel i'm gonna do it
no one believes in me more than me

nailed Michigan leads at halftime...still feel Louisville wins game

brownboyups

WMC...Western Capitol Mortgage Corp
$23.72...dividend (yield) $3.80...(16%)

passes earnings test
fed has no plans on changing interest rates or ending buying mortgage back
securities for a while

PNNT is on the selling block...hasn't performed well after the blanket down grade
thinking about adding that money to my trading money
this stock could give me around a $835 dividend per quarter with a 20k investment
$3,340 per yr

will watch when the .95 cents is take out of the stock
that's probably when i'll pick it up and miss the dividend but buy WMC at a discount

i chose AI over WMC and was a wise choice
now i think WMC will catch on and rise

Last edited:

Benben

I like AI, like it alot. Rock steady even after a div it bounces right back. Most divi stocks the market punishes for a month or more...kinda like RNO. This is what I think is happening with PSEC. PSEC pays monthly so the market really never lets it get back up. Book Value is well over its market price.

I'll take a look at WMC.

brownboyups

what a day...money is pouring into the U.S. markets
dow 14,802.24 (gotta be going to 15k) +128.78 (wow)

RNO doesn't do well on really strong market % days for some reason
we should be seeing some up % movement very soon

bought 415 shares of WMC today for $22.55 (don't get a dividend for 3 months) got the ex date discount price
415 shares = $394.25 per quarter = $1,577 per year

AI...now up +27.66%
OHI...+.66 points today (couldn't of bought WMC without selling 275 shares of OHI) time will tell if it was a
smart move

sold 655 shares of PNNT today in (Scottrade account) still own 963 shares in 401K

SSW...Seaspan
DHF...closed fund...$4.46...$04 cent dividend per month
MO...smokes...can't get hurt with this company (unless u smoke)

your accounts must be doing well

satellitedriver

I didn't think there was a difference is tax rate for regular pay vs. overtime percentage wise and did not know there was an 8 OT hour "threshold".?.?

Bonus is slightly different. I have to keep reminding my fellow drivers who grumble about this. Any bonus paid is taxed at 35% at the time of pay. When you do your taxes you get back the difference between the 35% and what your individual rate is (17% in my case.) I get bonus at least once a week claim 1+ my actual deductions and still get a nice check back from the Fed every year.
Taxes on bonus is no different than overtime, nor your normal hourly rate.
Not to speak for Upstate, but he is referring to how a weekly check can be reduced by taxes.
Each paycheck is taxed as if it would be 1/52 of your years total income.
If one is observant, each paycheck will vary do to overtime kicking them into a higher tax rate do to our sliding tax rate scale.
$79,000 is/was a break over point to paying a higher percentage. 7 to 8hrs of OT for a UPS driver pushes the years total into the next tax bracket reducing the weekly yield.
I literally have had two paychecks one week apart.-( I work a bunch of OT)-
One had 5 more hours of OT, than the other. The grand total of that check was $5.00 more than the
other.

:happy-very:
It is the year end total, not the weekly that matters.
Case in point.
I made $90,000 as a driver and that put me into the 25% tax bracket
Maxed my 401k, + catchup, maxed my wife IRA.
Filed the standard 1040 form, standard personal deduction.
My effective tax rate for 2012 was 8.83%.
I made good use of the 16% and bought commodities, for future growth.
Guns and ammo are appreciating more than gold.

Benben

They are just "cashing in," probably from all the stock options they've amassed. Market at all time highs so who can blame them? Many reasons for insiders to sell very few for them to buy.

My war chest should be at $400 end of this month and will be looking for my next move. The spec play I made on the pink sheets middle of last month is up $100 so if I find a great deal I can sell it and put $700 into play. The problem is where can you find a "great deal" in this market?

Just checked 401K. Up another 2+% in April. Thats 14% this year (1Q and 2 weeks.) I know the last 3 years were ruff, but by any standards 14% gains in 1 quarter is not sustainable. I am now trying to figure out a strategy how to protect that 14%.

brownboyups

1st my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston...person or persons that did this are cowards

dow -265.86 monday

took Buffett's advice and got greedy when others were fearful
i bought 1,592 shares of PSEC today @$10.66 (buy stocks when they go on sale)
$175.12 per month...$2101.44 per year
3,513 total shares = $386.43 per month...$4,637.16 per year
​todays price $10.65...3,513 = $37,413.45

RNO...$13.43 (-.37) -2.68% (not too bad for market going down so hard) i'll take that
going to announce dividend next week (maybe friday but i doubt it)

glad i don't own Gold...that's what started the selloff being down $100 before the market
opened and the boston marathon drove the market lower

only way to protect your % is to know when to sell...tough to time the market
as long as u reinvest over time u will do fine with dividend stocks (cost averaging)

my 401k went down -2.75%...future dividends will erase this loss

Benben

Still low on funds but if the market slides a bit more I am eyeballing adding to my possition in DX. Was my favorite pick-up in the sell off which lasted exactly 1 day on the day after the election. Second to none in divi history since 2008.

Broker account has everything in red except my spec play, pink sheet pickup OXF. LOL, I picked it up just because I had $230 in the account and knew it'd be awhile untill I added a serious possition in anything. In other words, I bought it just to buy it/do something waiting on the divis from other holdings to come in. If I end up making 50% on this stock I may very well always have a speculation possition in my account just for ****s and jiggles and to keep me interested (on the pink sheets.)

beentheredonethat

I decided to take your advice on RNO, I had a buy order in for 1K at 13.5 and it popped the other day and is up 370 total (.37 per share) after 1 day. I think I'll also take your advice on the sell. I have a sell order in to let it go at 14.5. I know you indicated it will go up more, but a 1K return (if I get it) will not be bad on a 13.5K investment (for a few weeks). We'll see what happens. If it doesn't go up, then I'll take the divi that will come out soon.

brownboyups

I decided to take your advice on RNO, I had a buy order in for 1K at 13.5 and it popped the other day and is up 370 total (.37 per share) after 1 day. I think I'll also take your advice on the sell. I have a sell order in to let it go at 14.5. I know you indicated it will go up more, but a 1K return (if I get it) will not be bad on a 13.5K investment (for a few weeks). We'll see what happens. If it doesn't go up, then I'll take the divi that will come out soon.

price should start moving up any day and staying up ($13.87 with a .445 cent dividend is hard to resist)
i feel the dividend will stay the same as the last one
i'm getting out before the ex date as long as i'm making more than the dividend
well played at $13.50

another stock i love is NYCB $13.37 (have made a lot of money with it)
any time it's under $13.50 is a buy
has paid a .25 cent dividend every quarter for 9 years
will go into the $14 over time

Benben

Couldn't sleep, wife is sick and snoring...thank God none of you know me or you'd tell her and I'd sleep on the couch for the next quarter :wink2:. I honestly like the beta in RNO. Now that I have watched for for the last 4 months I look forward to making even more money on it. I like limit orders for buying and selling stocks and RNO is a cash cow if worked correctly just watch the transaction fees. Good luck on RNO, do your homework and you'll do fine. I honestly think this is a stock I will be in and out of multiple times every year.

I have set up another meeting with an Edwards Jones rep in 3 weeks. He claims he can get me better and SAFER results in my emerency savings account, currently just my back-up savings account linked to checking at BoA, with equal liquidity. Anyone have any insight/past experiences with EJ?

beentheredonethat

I saw an article in the paper recently how the govt is going after them for violating the Do Not call List.

brownboyups

rule #1...never panic during the market daily market moves (no matter how bad it can get)
this is when u must trust what u own
dividends will protect everyone over the long run

RNO was -.04 around 4pm then closed -.18 at the close of the dow $13.69 finish
market down -138.19 points
not too bad...if u look at other stocks...most got hammered

this all started monday with gold being down -$100 in premarket trading
i feel someone big started this to get some ups and downs in the market because it's tough
to make money with stocks going one direction...UP...i like the charts that are up and down
when the market doesn't get some selloffs u get hard corrections (going on now)
buy on the dips when investing in undervalued stocks

i do everything myself so can't offer any comment on Edward Jones

NYCB dividend past (undervalued stock)
NYCB Historical Prices | New York Community Bancorp, Inc Stock - Yahoo! Finance

brownboyups

RNO...money has started to move in before the dividend (low volume) not sure what that means
this is what we have been waiting for
we have a marlin on the hook and are reeling it in

RNO +.62 (+4.53%)...closed $14.31 (money came pouring in at the close of the market)
401k...3707 shares bought @$13.82
i'm up (+3.40%) in 401k +$1,742.81 (dividend pays me +$1,649.61) so i can cash out anytime
also own 600 shares in my Scottrade account @$13.58
i feel RNO could go up 19% in my account so there is a lot of room to run
i'm staying in for another week (waiting for the EX DATE announcement) very important

RNO could tank tomorrow (feel if it does it will come back soon)...u really never know
i have always felt that this stock is being played and i have figured out the game
we shall see if i'm right

we all got in under $14 so if anyone wants to sell u made money...then u can celebrate
please everyone get out before the EX DATE...my opinion...RNO is going to tank after EX DATE
very good well run company but coal is not liked and will go down...EPA scares investors
can be bought again at a lower price
u will make more money than the dividend payment by selling
i will let everyone know a day or two when i'm going to exit

dow jones down -81.45 points (-.56%)
my 401k account (+1.79%) +$2328.48

good luck to all...lets make lots of money

Benben

"please everyone get out before the EX DATE...my opinion...RNO is going to tank after EX DATE"

I have only been at this little less than a year so take the following with a grain of salt. The street "punishes" stocks that pay a divi. I do not know if this is an actual person/persons or if its a computer program that sells when a stock drops by "x" amount, I tend to think its the computers. When a stock goes ex-divi it auto drops the amount of the divi and then seems to continue that slide for the next 3-4 weeks before it starts to move back into the "break even" zone. Brownboy has identified an excellent stock that this "example" happens everytime for the past 3 years. The run-up will be better than the paid divi.

My current plan is as follows; I have a sell order currently set at an extreme point. I plan to place another market sell at a sell order of $15 after the board anounces divi and collect the gains minus the $13.90 trans-action fee (in and then out.) At this point I have "learned my leason" with a small gain and I plan to "game the system."

I will invest a much larger amount of capital into this stock at the 5-6 week post ex-date. I plan to buy 100 shares at what I think will be the bottom RNO's cycle. I then will then place a covered options call for $2.00 over the current price and see what happens. I hope to gain the premium on the call option, never get my option called, collect the premium, and cash out during the run-up towards the next quarter divi.

Laugh out loud, I think I am about to get an expensive education. But then again I paid for a post-grad education that I am barely using now. Life is funny you know?

YES, I am a total rookie at all this but buy doing this I hope to have learned multiple leasons. BrownBoy has the experience I wish the hell I had. Thank god I am 20 years from retirement and can absorb the lose these shinganigans (yes, bad spelling but yet again Web-dictonary failed me and pissed me off at the same time) will more than likely cause.