rod

Retired 22 years
Have heard they use to kick the back of drivers heels and calves, that's come from a couple old extra ups drivers... that s wouldn't happen today.. guaranteed...

They did "try" this trick but I know the one and only time it happened to me I just stopped and told my center manager she was welcome to go around me if she was in that much of a hurry. It wasn't a 'KICK" it was more of an "accidentialy" stepped on the back of your shoe thing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes.... that's part of the reason why these numbers are so inflated.... they have been gamed for so many years and now we all have to deal with it....and we are all part of the problem

They weren't "gamed". Hell----they made up the game. On many occasions I had a sup or center manager tell me that a certain stop should be counted as more than one. They were the "game masters". It seemed like every time a new center manager would show up he would give orders that things were going to be different. After a few weeks he would always give the "just do it the way you used to do it" speech because since he had taken over the centers numbers had gone in the crapper.

Over 70

Yeah, yeah. You delivered at the Battle of Bull Run and Antietam. Blah blah blahhhh

giphy (60).gif

The Natural

He had to feed those horses every morning
Its definitely not the same UPS as years gone by.... its all about the numbers and stock prices. After doing feeder for 10yrs . When they put me on route with 180 stops and at 1pm i have 35 done. Guess what? They get what they get. And what they dont get comes back.

The Natural

Its definitely not the same UPS as years gone by.... its all about the numbers and stock prices. After doing feeder for 10yrs . When they put me on route with 180 stops and at 1pm i have 35 done. Guess what? They get what they get. And what they dont get comes back.
At this point. I'd rather stay home and not get paid then to kill myself and drive their package car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would have to walk backwards blindfolded to only have 35 off by 1.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm just throwing gas on the fire. I realize it isn't what it used to be and I would have a hard time working at the "new" UPS now. That being said it wasn't all sunshine and lollypops when I worked either.

Wasn't wonderful in 1978 either.

That said, I got out a little over four years ago, and I wouldn't want to have lasted any longer.