Welfare

Morelock,"Entitlement" means you are entitled to it, no matter what the reason is. We are entitled to our Social Security checks because the law that's been in effect for 80 years says we are, and no amount of propagandizing by Frank Luntz or anybody else can change that. A friend of mine turned 62 last year, signed up for SS and sent up a prayer for the soul of Franklin Roosevelt A DEMOCRAT. He has no regrets.
. Imagine if George Bush had succeeded to privatize your SS account held by Wall Street back in 2008 and you were ready to retire then. "Oops, sorry! We lost half of it! Better luck in your next life! Until then, enjoy your retirement and don't work too hard!"
If you put $6000 a year in the s and p 500 from 1989 until 2009 (20 years) you would have had about $280,000.

$2500 a year from 1979 to 1988 about $375,000

$1500 a year from a 1969 to 1978 about $423,000

$1000 a year from 1964 to 1969 about $255,000

Over those 45 years you would probably have had about 1.3 million.

Today probably over 6 million.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Many people have said no to the UPS/IBT 401K plan because there is no company matching funds .
Thankfully I was not one of them .
My account makes me a 1%er .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
personal responsibility ??

Here is the problem in 1:03 minutes
WATCH THIS ONE!!!!

The quote "someone has to be held accountable" says it all about today's welfare generation.......wow

it’s another one that will leave you shaking your head . .... .

It's short; watch it. 1:03. Click here:

Http://www.youtube.com/embed/RBqjZ0KZCa0?showinfo=0&rel=0&hd=0
Today's welfare generation? I know you didn't start paying attention until Barry came into the limelight moreluck, but what you're talking about is a multi-generational culture of dependence. Your generation isn't off the hook in this mess.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Cartoons are .....Felix the Cat, Dudley DooRight, Nancy & Sluggo..........Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse etc.
Political cartoons are different........I don't expect you to understand them.

Could you give us a cartoon reference from somewhere past the 18th century so we can understand what you are referring to?

TOS.

cave_axe_shave_legs_473115.jpeg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today's welfare generation? I know you didn't start paying attention until Barry came into the limelight moreluck, but what you're talking about is a multi-generational culture of dependence. Your generation isn't off the hook in this mess.
Nobody addresses the problem........ignore it and it'll go away.......that works with roaches too (NOT)
Fraud investigation is a start. Is it really being spent on food? About 60% of the welfare receivers need knocked off the program....big savings!! That 60% is the couch potatoes who refuse to work because they don't wanna, they don't hafta !!