What are you listening to part three

texan

Saw the original in Jan. 1975' and saw these guys just recently and they were amazingly spot on. The props, slides, costumes are the original Genesis gear from the 74'/75' tour. It truly was a trip back 37 years in time. Saw them 12 years ago do the Selling England By The Pound show and it was just as good.

And on occasion a special guest just might show up to join the trip down memory lane.

True drummers among many things else in music. Mr Collins.

wkmac

Tex,

The most popular years for Genesis was after Phil came from behind the kit to be the front man but he truly is a remarkable drummer. I had the great fortune of seeing Phil live twice before Gabriel left and he took a new role but he was damn good behind the kit. And Chester Thompson is no slouch from his work with Zappa and Weather Report to his journeyman work behind the kit as Genesis touring drummer.

Since you posted Tommy Emmanuel doing Classical Gas, here is my alltime favorite guitarist in Steve Hackett (former Genesis Axeman) doing a couple of Genesis classics.

And here's Steve back in the day playing the iconic Firth of Fifth with his legendary guitar solo backed by Tony on the mellotron and Mike on the Moog Taurus pedals. And at about :55 seconds, Tony stumbled on the keys, oppps! LOL! It happens.

wkmac

Speaking of drums, Santana's group of drummers were great also.

Yep. Michael Shrieve (Woodstock era drummer) went on to perform in the fusion supergroup Go of which I'm a fan. He played with Stomu Yamashta, Steve Winwood (Traffic) Al Di Meola (Return To Forever) and Klaus Schulze (Tangerine Dream). Shrieve is also infamous as the youngest musician to perform at Woodstock (age 20) and of course his drum solo on Soul Sacrifice is about as iconic as Hendrix's Star Spangle Banner.

1976' Album Go which to this day IMO stands still as a very great work.

Graham Lear after a good bit of work with Gino Vannelli then worked with Santana, Paul Anka, REO Speedwagon and even Henry Mancini. I got to see Graham live in 76' playing for Gino Vannelli in support of the album Gist of the Gemini and his power and playing on War Suite which mostly makes up the B side was worth the ticket price alone. It was also War Suite that brought my interest in Vannelli to begin with although he had an incredible voice and range in his own right.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
[video=youtube;eR_EES2VGws]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR_EES2VGws[/video]
Club D'elf and my firend the Dux. The grooviest and sickest drummer you've maybe never heard of. :)
dean-johnston-modern-drummer--large-msg-1126308395-2.jpg