What are you listening to part three

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In terms of pure musical talent, its pretty damn tough to beat Rush. "La Villa Strangiato" is in my opinion one of the best instrumental pieces in rock history. My friends and I took many lunch-break bong hits to this song back in high school, hunched down in the back seat of a beater car in the far corner of the parking lot while Alex Lifesons guitar solos and Geddy Lee's bass licks crackled on an 8 track tape with set of lousy speakers. And of course, who in their right mind can possibly dispute the fact that Neal Peart is the greatest drummer who ever lived?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In terms of pure musical talent, its pretty damn tough to beat Rush. "La Villa Strangiato" is in my opinion one of the best instrumental pieces in rock history. My friends and I took many lunch-break bong hits to this song back in high school, hunched down in the back seat of a beater car in the far corner of the parking lot while Alex Lifesons guitar solos and Geddy Lee's bass licks crackled on an 8 track tape with set of lousy speakers. And of course, who in their right mind can possibly dispute the fact that Neal Peart is the greatest drummer who ever lived?
Massively overrated, esp the Peart craze. lol Good tune, nonetheless.

soberups

Journey, circa 1981. Jonathan Cain replaces Rollie, and Steve Smith replaces Dunbar. Still a great lineup, and this song in particular has an amazing bass line. Used to make out with my girlfiend to this song in my 1977 Plymouth Volare.

soberups

"Aces High" by Iron Maiden. I saw these guys live in '91, Anthrax opened for them. Its the only time in my life I have ever been in a mosh pit. Pretty wild. I like the WWII gun camera footage in this video, as well as the fact that Bruce Dickinson is wearing a KGON t-shirt (KGON 92.3 is a hard-rock station right here in Portland Oregon). If I dont have time to make coffee in the morning, I put an Iron Maiden CD in my stereo and by the time I get to work I am wide awake and ready to roll!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
"Aces High" by Iron Maiden. I saw these guys live in '91, Anthrax opened for them. Its the only time in my life I have ever been in a mosh pit. Pretty wild. I like the WWII gun camera footage in this video, as well as the fact that Bruce Dickinson is wearing a KGON t-shirt (KGON 92.3 is a hard-rock station right here in Portland Oregon). If I dont have time to make coffee in the morning, I put an Iron Maiden CD in my stereo and by the time I get to work I am wide awake and ready to roll!

a quick useless bit of trivia about this video: The drummer Nicko Mcbrain's wife was having a baby when the band shot this video,and he couldnt be there during teh recording.If you look closely during the full band shots in the video you'll see a drum set but NO drummer! Later some footage of him drumming was inserted in to the video in cuts here and there to give the illusion he was there.................now back to our regulary scheduled programming

soberups

Calm down, he's a drummer and just jealous of Peart!
:wink2:

The atomic clock is one of the most precise scientific instruments known to man, able to accurately measure intervals of time down to a billionth of a second.

It gets its time...from Neal Peart.