What are you listening to part three

wkmac

Listening to some Pink Floyd because tonight 40 years ago I went to see Pink Floyd on their Darkside of the Moon Tour. WOW how time flies. Saw Floyd in 72' in Columbia SC and they were already playing Darkside but it was nearly a year later that the album was released. Also saw Genesis do The Lamb before that album release and it does make for a different concert experience.

40 years ago last night I saw Alice Cooper's Billion Dollar Babies tour. Cooper and Floyd back to back. What a contrast. :happy-very:

wkmac

I really liked that.Almost made it to the end.

It helps if you already like Floyd obviously but it is a fun watch at least once. And the urban legend that Floyd wrote DSOTM to Oz is not true either. It's just one of those funny odd moments when it just works. We first tired it about 20 years ago but synching the video to the audio (cd or album) is the tricky part. We used the 2nd lion roar in the film as the audio start and then after that it gets tricky on the 2nd and 3rd play. There are some scenes that are very obvious in their synchronicity but when you watch it several times more you see quick little glimpses or even a single lyric to the film's action and just chuckle.

Funny how life can give us what the late American painter Bob Ross would call, "a happy little accident!"

Some rainy, crappy Sunday when you got nothing to do but time to kill, put it back on and watch it again and you'll see even more than you did the first go round.

The bigger question is, who was it that sat around stoned as hell watching Oz on TV with the audio off and DSOTM playing on the stereo and discovered this?

:happy-very:

My wife and I loved this VW commercial for the same reason cause if you've ever got a good buzz on, cruised around listening to music in the rain, you enter a world where you realize all life moves to a rhythm. People who made this commercial were boomers who came of age in the 70's. They just didn't show the part where they smoked a doobie. LOL!

Volkwagen Jetta - Synchronicity - YouTube

S

serenity now

i posted a song yesterday that has disappeared * Fortunate Son by CCR * if this was just a cyber glitch, fine *
smile* happens * but, if this song was deleted by a mod will you PM me with a brief explanation * thanks in advance

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
i posted a song yesterday that has disappeared * Fortunate Son by CCR * if this was just a cyber glitch, fine *
smile* happens * but, if this song was deleted by a mod will you PM me with a brief explanation * thanks in advance
No one deleted it. It's possible you hit "preview post" instead of "post", I've done that before.