What does this mean on a bid sheet ?

BigBrownboxx

This is on a 22.3 full time inside combo job. Can someone explain what this means? “This position is a 3 year job, with no back pay attached” BA has no idea. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_3543.jpeg
    IMG_3543.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 2

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
I have no idea what the 3 year job means, never heard of anything like that. If it were a bit longer, I'd figure that they were thinking they'd be able to eliminate those particular jobs in the next contract, but 3 years falls short of the next contract. So, who knows...

The no back pay would lead me to believe that this particular job was supposed to have been bid and filled a while back and they're just getting around to posting it because someone probably finally caught on. Now they're trying to avoid having to pay the back pay that whoever should've had that job would have made. If the BA has no idea what the wording in that bid means, perhaps he/she should be investigating!?! Sounds fishy to me.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
It says “year 3 job” not “3 year job.” Idk what it means either just saying that seems to have some kind of different implication.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
No back pay refers to the first part timers who became 22.3.
It is included on all newer bid sheets as a precaution.
I was one lucky ones { all 5 of us had 20+ years seniority } to become 22.3 in 1999 with retro pay going back to when the contract was signed
I got the less amount since I was already doing AM airwork & an inside Twilight job.
The other new 22.3s ( 4 part timers ) received more back pay since they only worked the Twilight shift.
{ to put it plainly , those who worked the least, got the most back pay }

No back pay refers to the first part timers who became 22.3.
It is included on all newer bid sheets as a precaution.
I was one lucky ones { all 5 of us had 20+ years seniority } to become 22.3 in 1999 with retro pay going back to when the contract was signed
I got the less amount since I was already doing AM airwork & an inside Twilight job.
The other new 22.3s ( 4 part timers ) received more back pay since they only worked the Twilight shift.
{ to put it plainly , those who worked the least, got the most back pay }
Well you made it out of there my friend