What happened to the contractors in New York

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I hope that investor group did their research for that area. I wouldn't want to deal with daily parking tickets and accidents in a crowded metro... unless paid hourly plus ot

bacha29

It would appear to be an acquisition to be added to the holdings they already have in the NYC area. Two questions come to mind.....Will Fat Freddy allow them to get this big and this dominate in a key metro area and secondly will the Teamsters see this as newly expanded contractor as a fish big enough to go after in an effort to get their foot in the door.

BTW Check out GoIP's stock price.........$0.0006 . Another OTC stock that doesn't appear to be very well capitalized .

OrioN

Yeah, Rob... I worked with various subcontractor companies and guess what?

They're all under the umbrella investor group!

Weird that I have to jump around subcontractors instead of just getting straight raises as @HD219 attempted earlier in another thread.

Based on personal factors, I may become a Rouge driver and once again transfer to another terminal. I'm pretty sure I'll probably run into the same investor group in that building

bacha29

Yeah, Rob... I worked with various subcontractor companies and guess what?

They're all under the umbrella investor group!

Weird that I have to jump around subcontractors instead of just getting straight raises as @HD219 attempted earlier in another thread.

Based on personal factors, I may become a Rouge driver and once again transfer to another terminal. I'm pretty sure I'll probably run into the same investor group in that building
Aaaah, so the holding companies are moving in? Set up a holding company buy up or force out every C-Corp and S-Corp in a given attractive and high volume metro area and let them run as separate OPCO"s . If one fails another one moves over to take over and it helps to keep the Teamsters at arms length. Not to mention giving them a bit more bargaining leverage because they would be slightly more difficult to easily replace Doing exactly the same thing Fat Freddy did with FDX. But,don't worry. Fat Freddy can still crush them like a grape if they get out of line or go cocking off to him. He will not stand for it.

It will however be pretty hard for Fat Freddy to tell them that they can't be structured in that manner when he's doing the same damn thing.

OrioN

Yeah, when my last REAL subcontractor sold his business to the investor group, they kept his business names on the vehicles.

A whole bunch of unexperienced van line managers stepped in to take over the operation, but we're failing miserably... my route, among a few others with dedicated bid drivers, didn't fail since we knew our areas. Thus, a few drivers jumped to other subcontractors or left the game completely for greener pastures.

When I left that terminal, my route was a revolving door of new faces. (a few of my customers are still in contact with me)

My investor group is probably in NY as well... no idea & don't really care.

All I know is that these separate "entities " wants to keep the illusion that they're NOT really a monopoly in that building toward management, but I know that they know ...