Will a CDL help me?

Futuredriver(maybe)

My current job offers cdl classes and testing for free, I’m of course taking advantage of that for future opportunity.
My question is would this help me get hired on “off the street” at UPS?

Im in Louisiana if that makes a difference. Thanks!

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
My current job offers cdl classes and testing for free, I’m of course taking advantage of that for future opportunity.
My question is would this help me get hired on “off the street” at UPS?

Im in Louisiana if that makes a difference. Thanks!
If you are trying to get in as a delivery driver, it won’t help at all.

If you are trying to get in as a semi driver, it might help if you have some experience to go with it. We hired a bunch of guys off the street a few years ago and every single one of them had at least 10 years experience.

WannaBeFeeder

If you are trying to get in as a delivery driver, it won’t help at all.

If you are trying to get in as a semi driver, it might help if you have some experience to go with it. We hired a bunch of guys off the street a few years ago and every single one of them had at least 10 years experience.
Wow we’ve hired a few guys off the street with just over a years experience this year. 2 guys with less than a year in already have bids.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wow we’ve hired a few guys off the street with just over a years experience this year. 2 guys with less than a year in already have bids.
We are taking inside employees with less than a year too. They are a little more picky when hiring off the street because truck drivers know this is the golden goose of truck driving.

WannaBeFeeder

We are taking inside employees with less than a year too. They are a little more picky when hiring off the street because truck drivers know this is the golden goose of truck driving.
No one from inside here wants feeders they all want package. We gots nothing but street feddahs