Package car driver position

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I don’t remember “driving a little under the speed limit” or coming “close to a trailer” being demerits on the road test.

His management is playing games and we know why. They ain’t hiring drivers right now. They got drivers laid off, sitting at home right now.

They can tell if you’re afraid of the truck though when you take it for a spin and that’s not what they want to see

I don’t remember “driving a little under the speed limit” or coming “close to a trailer” being demerits on the road test.

His management is playing games and we know why. They ain’t hiring drivers right now. They got drivers laid off, sitting at home right now.
We're short about 4-6 drivers, and they won't let our manager hire any. We borrowed 3 drivers from nearby centers today alone.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I retired 10 plus years ago and was glad to leave. If you can recite the 5 seeing habits (and do them) that should have been enough. Nooooooooo we want you to now remember what amounts to being a small book .
Pretty much a simple ride with a p1000 thru a congested city with a supe, then backing test at bldg. That and the 5 seeing habits, distance keeping and clean mirror, dirty mirror, stale green light etc. Most while delivering with a supe.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Seriously---------why do they even have managers now?----they don't appear to have any say in daily operations.
Just had a ride with a long tenured one the other day. He actually showed me a lot.

I could tell he was really good at his job. I was grateful for it at the end of the day..

DOK

I did think of this but I would have nowhere to store it as I live in an apartment complex. Only parts I struggled on are going 35-37 in 40 speed zone and backing.
Only way to get this is spend more time behind the wheel. Some great suggestions on here, ask center manager if you can drive one around the yard, not just once, at least a few times per week, also maybe try Amazon they hire anyone. You’ll get it man.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just had a ride with a long tenured one the other day. He actually showed me a lot.

I could tell he was really good at his job. I was grateful for it at the end of the day..
Don't be fooled---he is not your buddy. He will crap on you at the drop of a hat.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Don't be fooled---he is not your buddy. He will crap on you at the drop of a hat.
Didn't say that. Just said I appreciated the ride and gained some knowledge.

Was actually my first sup ride... My first year was the 2020 covid year when they stopped doing it.

rod

Retired 22 years
Didn't say that. Just said I appreciated the ride and gained some knowledge.

Was actually my first sup ride... My first year was the 2020 covid year when they stopped doing it.
You are young Grasshopper---in time you will learn the evil ways of UPS management.

Brown Down

Only way to get this is spend more time behind the wheel. Some great suggestions on here, ask center manager if you can drive one around the yard, not just once, at least a few times per week, also maybe try Amazon they hire anyone. You’ll get it man.
when I first started they actually gave you the option to do that a week or 2 before the road test.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS-Truck-Wreck-Photo-with-car.png
Artist rendering of the road test:

UPS-Truck-Wreck-Photo-with-car.png
Artist rendering of the road test:
IMG_7717.gif

Here’s his 2nd chance I see a little (very little) improvement