Fedex to lose 2 Billion

zeev

I've seen more semi's on the interstate with USPS livery on them when in the past you almost to a truck saw USPS contractor owned units. With each passing day it looks more and more that the final FDX product will be as many of you have said it would be....A small box and LTL trucker that flies a little air freight every now and then with fewer shares outstanding and smaller public float but with higher EPS.
For all this to work they first have to get Ground contractors on solid economic footing and able to pay competitive wages and benefits. That however does not appear to be part of their strategy but rather the complete opposite.
I've seen more semi's on the interstate with USPS livery on them when in the past you almost to a truck saw USPS contractor owned units. With each passing day it looks more and more that the final FDX product will be as many of you have said it would be....A small box and LTL trucker that flies a little air freight every now and then with fewer shares outstanding and smaller public float but with higher EPS.
For all this to work they first have to get Ground contractors on solid economic footing and able to pay competitive wages and benefits. That however does not appear to be part of their strategy but rather the complete opposite.
They are planning a controlled crash extract all the value increase profits as overall revenues collapse.

MAKAVELI

It's either something most people already know or something that's terribly incorrect, which he'll then say it isn't his fault he got it all wrong.
I guess we'll find out soon enough. Problem is FedEx has Zero credibility right now with employees, contractors and shareholders. Everyone can thank the board, FSmith, Raj, and McKinsey for the one of the biggest cluster :censored2:s of this company's history.🤣

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Old news. I was talking about a May announcement to all of the big wheels. I guess they left you out.
They have big announcements to the big wheels all the time, but if it makes you feel like you're in the loop, ok.

Aquaman

They don't have to overhaul much outside of diverting freight to trucks and PM flights.
I think cutting most of the daytime flights & employee hours combined with likely layoffs of pilots is quite the overhaul. I still stand by some postal would’ve been better than no postal. Our focus should be making money, not just saving it. Adjusting the morning operation to a smaller postal contract would’ve been smarter. But it’s clear over the years the company didn’t know how to do that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I think cutting most of the daytime flights & employee hours combined with likely layoffs of pilots is quite the overhaul. I still stand by some postal would’ve been better than no postal. Our focus should be making money, not just saving it. Adjusting the morning operation to a smaller postal contract would’ve been smarter. But it’s clear over the years the company didn’t know how to do that.
I hope FedEx goes out of business.

Thebrownblob

I'm sure someone will chime in with the standard "run for office" lol.
You could, but it’s quite a hassle, Much easier to support others who might run, or hold their feet to the fire by filing labor charges if they’re not giving you fair representation. You do what you feel is best I’m just telling you what I would do.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If you worked OT and only netted about $10 an hour after taxes, would you still work it?