22.3 question regards to bids

thebrownbox

Been at UPS for almost 17 years and been 6ys on 22.3 I've been "laid off" since early Feb been doing around 20-25 hours a week.. I asked what's going on as I was told by the manger that they have until June 15th to make the moves for the bids I bidded on. I've had a few drivers ask me if I was going out for deliveries and I said I don't know because they never want to say much about what's going on.

My main question is since I was told June 15th which falls on a Saturday (I work M-friend) what happens if Monday they keep with the same not giving me my full 8 hours?

Been at UPS for almost 17 years and been 6ys on 22.3 I've been "laid off" since early Feb been doing around 20-25 hours a week.. I asked what's going on as I was told by the manger that they have until June 15th to make the moves for the bids I bidded on. I've had a few drivers ask me if I was going out for deliveries and I said I don't know because they never want to say much about what's going on.

My main question is since I was told June 15th which falls on a Saturday (I work M-friend) what happens if Monday they keep with the same not giving me my full 8 hours?
Number one you should be filing for partial unemployment

Number two need to talk to your business agent and find out exactly what's going on
You are full-time not part-time

Brownwind

Read the contract and talk to your BA.
why aren’t you getting your eight?

thebrownbox

Number one you should be filing for partial unemployment

Number two need to talk to your business agent and find out exactly what's going on
You are full-time not part-time
The state denied my unemployment, I'll wait and see what happens this Friday it's just when you talk to the BA they seem to not know anything which is causing a lot of frustration in the building.

thebrownbox

Read the contract and talk to your BA.
why aren’t you getting your eight?
Because they said "Not enough work" however it;s enough work to be had in the building it's just they dont want to dish it out.. for example for EAM's they will call in 2 RPD's to do those and pay them X2 all day then to use us to do those.

I was told the union told them they have until June 15th to make the moves so again I'll wait until Friday and see if they say something for Monday of next week.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Are you a combo-air driver???

Brownwind

Because they said "Not enough work" however it;s enough work to be had in the building it's just they dont want to dish it out.. for example for EAM's they will call in 2 RPD's to do those and pay them X2 all day then to use us to do those.

I was told the union told them they have until June 15th to make the moves so again I'll wait until Friday and see if they say something for Monday of next week.
Turn to page 259 and 260 in the national contract and let us know what you think.

thebrownbox

Did they offer you FT hours inside?
A split shift coming back at 6:20Pm to 11pm however I turned it down because of the hours I start in the morning.. they let at least 1 guy do his 8 in the morning but just today they said he didn't have enough hours left to give him.

I don't know what hour pool they are pulling from but it seems like they still cutting costs.. first is we can't let you go out because we don't have enough workers.. however today they had 13 new hires so staffing should no longer be an issue.

A split shift coming back at 6:20Pm to 11pm however I turned it down because of the hours I start in the morning.. they let at least 1 guy do his 8 in the morning but just today they said he didn't have enough hours left to give him.

I don't know what hour pool they are pulling from but it seems like they still cutting costs.. first is we can't let you go out because we don't have enough workers.. however today they had 13 new hires so staffing should no longer be an issue.
Well if you turned down the work you kinda :censored2:ed yourself.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

No Twilight and truck parking?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Should have went out yesterday
20240613_071335.jpg