4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

rod

Retired 23 years
Didn't watch the video but what did the other three cops do that got them fired? Can see firing the one cop and charging him if he put his knee on the guy's neck while the guy was cuffed. But does seem to be a theme in all of these killings of blacks refusing to comply with lawful orders. They'd be alive today if they had. That applies to whites too but it's the race hustlers always taking advantage of a black death that gets all the attention.
The other 3 cops got fired because they took part in the whole thing. One video I saw shows 3 of them on top of this guy (remember - he was already handcuffed). The oriental guy got fired because he didn't intervene. He will probably get his job back. I realize there are always 2 sides to a story but I haven't seen a video yet of this guy resisting arrest. Just the opposite - he seemed to be cooperating with everything they asked him to do.

JJinVA

Im usually the first one to come to the defense of the police because of all the stupid bulls**t they deal with every minute of every day, but I cant justify this one. Those cops should be in prison

rod

Retired 23 years
We will see what happens tonight. Last night it was raining so I imagine that kept the crowds down. Tonight its 80 degrees and clear.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The other 3 cops got fired because they took part in the whole thing. One video I saw shows 3 of them on top of this guy (remember - he was already handcuffed). The oriental guy got fired because he didn't intervene. He will probably get his job back. I realize there are always 2 sides to a story but I haven't seen a video yet of this guy resisting arrest. Just the opposite - he seemed to be cooperating with everything they asked him to do.
Is the peer pressure so strong that not one of those cops couldn't speak up to the one that had his knee on his throat.

I was watching the video and yelling at the cop standing there to just lift up his arm and maybe say "hey partner , let up a little there. you're hurting him bad."

even the mayor came on tv and was asking why aren't these cops in jail?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yes I'm sure they were only treating him like that because he was black, not because he resisted arrest for ten minutes prior.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Is the peer pressure so strong that not one of those cops couldn't speak up to the one that had his knee on his throat.
Pro tip:

You don't choke someone on the back of their neck, you do it on the front. Take a closer look at the video.

Also, you have to be able to breathe in order to scream 'I can't breathe'.

Hope this helps.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
That question was specifically for the frog. Mind your own business
pot_calls_kettle_black.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Would the money help you feel a lot better if a family member of yours were brutally murdered on camera? Or would it not because you’re solidly middle class already and don’t really need the money?

Turn to a family member tonight and tell them how much money would make their murder OK with you. It’d of course be a higher number than the typical ghetto black could be placated with.
I'd feel a lot better ... if it was my wife!

rod

Retired 23 years

I was watching the video and yelling at the cop standing there to just lift up his arm and maybe say "hey partner , let up a little there. you're hurting him bad."

even the mayor came on tv and was asking why aren't these cops in jail?
That's why the oriental cop got fired. Standing there with his finger up his butt while his partners kill a guy.