4 Minneapolis officers fired in death of black man

Box Ox

What can be, unburdened by what has been.
It’s a good ad, but there is no way that cop is getting a fair trial and he didn’t kill George Floyd.

I agree with Ben Shapiro that the upping of charges from 3rd to 2nd degree murder might ultimately be what gets the officer off the hook. Overcharging feels good and righteous but can be a loser for the prosecution a lot of the time.

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree with Ben Shapiro that the upping of charges from 3rd to 2nd degree murder might ultimately be what gets the officer off the hook. Overcharging feels good and righteous but can be a loser for the prosecution a lot of the time.
I would guess they have a 90% chance of conviction for 3rd degree but drops to more like 50/50 for 2nd degree

UPSER1987

LOL! Now the dirty racists cops are pointing the finger at each other. What a bunch of cowards like the hitler leadership they follow. Hilarious!

rod

Retired 23 years
LOL! Now the dirty racists cops are pointing the finger at each other. What a bunch of cowards like the hitler leadership they follow. Hilarious!
I suppose you are really going to feel butt hurt when that cop gets off because they up'ed they charges.

Last edited:

It will be fine

He’s still charged with 3rd degree. He’s charged with both. The 2nd degree charge is probably to get him to plea.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Entire Buffalo Emergency Response Team resigns in solidarity with cops who pushed old man

The entire Buffalo police Emergency Response Team has resigned following the suspension of two officers who were caught
on video shoving Martin Gugino, a 75-year-old protester to the pavement, according to reports Friday. Gugino, an activist who is well known in Buffalo, was listed in serious but stable condition. The shocking video shows blood gushing from his head after he fell.

A total of 57 officers resigned from the emergency team in solidarity with the two suspended cops, who pushed Martin Gugino, causing him to stumble backward and crack his head on the ground, WGRZ reported.
“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, president of the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association.
The special squad was created in 2016 and is deployed for mass protests or riots, the network reported.

upload_2020-6-5_18-34-26.png

oldngray

nowhere special
Entire Buffalo Emergency Response Team resigns in solidarity with cops who pushed old man

The entire Buffalo police Emergency Response Team has resigned following the suspension of two officers who were caught
on video shoving Gugino, a 75-year-old protester to the pavement, according to reports Friday. Gugino, an activist who is well known in Buffalo, was listed in serious but stable condition. The shocking video shows blood gushing from his head after he fell.

A total of 57 officers resigned from the emergency team in solidarity with the two suspended cops, who pushed Martin Gugino, causing him to stumble backward and crack his head on the ground, WGRZ reported.
“Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, president of the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association.
The special squad was created in 2016 and is deployed for mass protests or riots, the network reported.

View attachment 298398

The old white guy was trying to provoke the cops but they should have kept their cool. They were wrong to shove him but he was hardly an innocent bystander.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The old white guy was trying to provoke the cops but they should have kept their cool. They were wrong to shove him but he was hardly an innocent bystander.
How were they suppose to know the old codger was so drunk he could not maintain his balance.
I would never put myself in that position as I also have equilibrium problems.

It will be fine

Lol. Ya I’m sure they were terrified of the old man. That makes giving him a traumatic brain injury justified. Good thing they ignored him as his head bled on the pavement. Jack booted thugs.

UPSER1987

That old white dude could have been one of the many old white dudes on this forum. I bet you’d feel a lot differently and wouldn’t joke about it then. He’s one of you guys.

Serf

Police are excellent at making defense cases. If you fry as a cop on trial you really effed up. Or in this case public outcry already has these officers metaphorically lynched.

rod

Retired 23 years
You would think that by the time you reached 75 years old you would be smart enough to know not to confront the cops during a frikin riot. What an idiot.

zimbomb

on video shoving Martin Gugino, a 75-year-old protester to the pavement, according to reports Friday. Gugino, an activist who is well known in Buffalo, was listed in serious but stable condition. The shocking video shows blood gushing from his head after he fell.

View attachment 298398
Oh no they quit their extracurricular "special" club. Guaranteed it was to save face before it's dissolution. It's not like they quit the force...