8years with the company I got fired for marijuana use

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
How about just don’t do it at or before work and save that stuff for after. What you do in your own home is no ones business. But seriously don’t bring it to work.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
UPS fired me for consuming marijuana before I went in to work. It was in property. I stated I was dealing with an addiction and needed help. Despite rumors of “potheads” I have management and co workers who know and will attest to me being a very hard worker, a team player, always with a smile and good attitude always willing to help, and over all a good person. They stated even with a grievance hearing they would not accept me back. Anyone ever been in this situation before how’d it turn out my union rep says it’s not for sure but he/she is sure they can get my job back but that it was going to take time. Any advice other then I have already quit using and am looking into MA classes for help with my addiction
Oh man, had this happen a few months ago. Works for fedex now. Although rumor has it that there was more to it than marijuana use alone.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
UPS fired me for consuming marijuana before I went in to work. It was in property. I stated I was dealing with an addiction and needed help. Despite rumors of “potheads” I have management and co workers who know and will attest to me being a very hard worker, a team player, always with a smile and good attitude always willing to help, and over all a good person. They stated even with a grievance hearing they would not accept me back. Anyone ever been in this situation before how’d it turn out my union rep says it’s not for sure but he/she is sure they can get my job back but that it was going to take time. Any advice other then I have already quit using and am looking into MA classes for help with my addiction
2 big problems here.

1. Consuming on property.

2. Consuming on property, then punching in and working.

to play the I have a problem card you need to do tell them before the meeting, and most certainly before punching in and working.

you basically need to tell them out of the blue. If they catch you, it’s game over. But by all means, file a grievance and see what happens.

but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Indecisi0n

2 big problems here.

1. Consuming on property.

2. Consuming on property, then punching in and working.

to play the I have a problem card you need to do tell them before the meeting, and most certainly before punching in and working.

you basically need to tell them out of the blue. If they catch you, it’s game over. But by all means, file a grievance and see what happens.

but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.
This is what people don't understand. They all think they get a free one time pass and that's not how it works.

542thruNthru

This is what people don't understand. They all think they get a free one time pass and that's not how it works.

I love the ones that try and use the "They have to be trained in observing a person."

Like that means they have to take a 6 week course or something. It's just a 10 min CBT that sups take every year.

Indecisi0n

I love the ones that try and use the "They have to be trained in observing a person."

Like that means they have to take a 6 week course or something. It's just a 10 min CBT that sups take every year.
All they have to do is make up some excuse , glassy eyes, slur speech, whatever and make you go take a test. The test doesn't lie.

MattM

@sandwich

We had this situation play out twice at my building.

Chick walks in drunk. Clocks in. Shes loud and vulgar and they terminate her on the spot pretty much.

Dude walks in drunk. Fellow co-workers notice and tell him not to clock. He's advised to tell a supervisor or main boss that he Has a problem and needs help. He kept his job.

The property angle isn't so important as being punched in.

----
A few guys got caught going to their cars to smoke weed while punched in, and during their break. They all got terminated.

Now a boss could suspect youre high or drunk if you two happen to walk in together. But it's all about the punch. Each and every time

The third angle is right as you clock out and start your car and your still on the property, and they catch you? That's a bit vague.

So OP, Were you clocked in and got caught smoking? Or you smelled? Or were you walking in to punch in and they suspected it? Overall. Not looking good.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
@sandwich

Chick walks in drunk. Clocks in. Shes loud and vulgar and they terminate her on the spot pretty much.

Dude walks in drunk. Fellow co-workers notice and tell him not to clock. He's advised to tell a supervisor or main boss that he Has a problem and needs help. He kept his job.

----
A few guys got caught going to their cars to smoke weed while punched in, and during their break. They all got terminated.

Now a boss could suspect youre high or drunk if you two happen to walk in together. But it's all about the punch. Each and every time

So OP, Were you clocked in and got caught smoking? Or you smelled? Or were you walking in to punch in and they suspected it? Overall. Not looking good.
Consuming on property is contractual language.

if that guy who was drunk, drank a beer on property he would have been terminated on the spot. Before punching in or not.

PT Car Washer

@sandwich

----

The third angle is right as you clock out and start your car and your still on the property, and they catch you? That's a bit vague.

He was caught smoking pot on property. Had a similar situation years ago. Couple guys double shifting between sorts caught by LP in the employee parking lot smoking pot. Offered their job back if they would go thru treatment. They declined.

MattM

our parking lot is leased by the county or city. That's why they've always said to take fights out to the parking lots. Lol

I don't think there was proof that he drank in the parking lot, or they didn't go looking for proof.

Punched in folks who have messed with drugs/booze have never gotten their job back. Folks who haven't clocked in. Or those who clock out and then are seen doing funny business, it's a bit in the air.