9.5 New Tentative Contract Language?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hey how much will your pension pay if there is no UPS? Keep up with the hand cuffs that the competition does not have. Keep kidding yourself that we are losing market share to FDX because of bad management. Competition eats our lunch because they have flexibility’s we do not. That’s the fact jack. Tell Mr Roark and Tatoo I said hello.
So have people working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week??? And btw... who’s out there doing late pickups that fedex or the post office doesn’t want to do.... yeah it’s ups because we are “flexible”.....who are the ones who want to get out on the street earlier to have more “flexibility “ in our customers day?? It’s not mgt... we want to put a trailer at the customers dock for more “flexibility “and who are the ones who friend it up and have to “study the profitability “of it... oh wait , ups waited too long and now fedex brought out a trailer the next day...you have no clue.. none... now grab your safety vest and cone and go do your yard check like a good pt sup does.....another clueless brainwashed sup...

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
You guys only get a 10min break?! I thought our one 15min break was bad since I heard some places get 2 separate 10min breaks.
40 mins unpaid so with your 20 min paid a 9.5 would be 10 hr 10 mins I added the 20 in the 9.5 but the 40 does not count towards a 9.5 violation.

happyman2018

So have people working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week??? And btw... who’s out there doing late pickups that fedex or the post office doesn’t want to do.... yeah it’s ups because we are “flexible”.....who are the ones who want to get out on the street earlier to have more “flexibility “ in our customers day?? It’s not mgt... we want to put a trailer at the customers dock for more “flexibility “and who are the ones who friend it up and have to “study the profitability “of it... oh wait , ups waited too long and now fedex brought out a trailer the next day...you have no clue.. none... now grab your safety vest and cone and go do your yard check like a good pt sup does.....another clueless brainwashed sup...
You got me pegged there cowboy. Just a lowly PT supervisor. Your 12 hour days and six day week is comical. It is the exception and not the norm. We have the highest paid drivers in the industry who pay nothing for benefits. Competition does it for less. They contract as many extra runs as they need and do not have to worry about seniority or a grievance. They have realized PVD is the way cheaper than having an employee on the pay roll. Consumer does not care they are good with quicker and cheaper. My point is the way we do business is not sustainable long term. So spew about give backs but in 10 years if there is no UPS there is no pension.

BigBrown87

You got me pegged there cowboy. Just a lowly PT supervisor. Your 12 hour days and six day week is comical. It is the exception and not the norm. We have the highest paid drivers in the industry who pay nothing for benefits. Competition does it for less. They contract as many extra runs as they need and do not have to worry about seniority or a grievance. They have realized PVD is the way cheaper than having an employee on the pay roll. Consumer does not care they are good with quicker and cheaper. My point is the way we do business is not sustainable long term. So spew about give backs but in 10 years if there is no UPS there is no pension.
So let me get this straight, a company that makes 4 billion in profit every year will be out of business in 10 years? Wow they must be feeding you sups some serious BS to scare you Into forcing production numbers. PVD is the company trying to cut costs to make shareholders happy with better stock prices. It also is the way DM's try to increase there numbers so there bonus doesn't get cut due to production numbers. We dont need PVD's to keep this company in business and we have not needed them in the past. You need to learn about the company that you work at before you start popping off crap that you cant back up.

BigBrown87

What ups should do is worry about getting us out of the building on time so I can service my air and make the company more money and keep there customers happy. What happened to common sense, oh yeah they hired morons like you to run the preload which in return drivers are not able to leave on time.

happyman2018

So let me get this straight, a company that makes 4 billion in profit every year will be out of business in 10 years? Wow they must be feeding you sups some serious BS to scare you Into forcing production numbers. PVD is the company trying to cut costs to make shareholders happy with better stock prices. It also is the way DM's try to increase there numbers so there bonus doesn't get cut due to production numbers. We dont need PVD's to keep this company in business and we have not needed them in the past. You need to learn about the company that you work at before you start popping off crap that you cant back up.
Been with UPS for over 33 years and have had various jobs accross several districts and business units. Believe what you want. Just chill with the hate and anger. Pretty confident I understand that if competition can deliver packages cheaper than UPS at some point. The profits will go down or worse away. A good business person try’s to be ahead of the curve. All good buddy.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Wdfd..Dotm candidate right here @silverbullet2893 ???....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Been with UPS for over 33 years and have had various jobs accross several districts and business units. Believe what you want. Just chill with the hate and anger. Pretty confident I understand that if competition can deliver packages cheaper than UPS at some point. The profits will go down or worse away. A good business person try’s to be ahead of the curve. All good buddy.
You do know that you probably make more than your counterparts at FedEx and the usps.... right??? Blame the union worker for all the faults of the world.... “cowboy”.....whatever

happyman2018

You do know that you probably make more than your counterparts at FedEx and the usps.... right??? Blame the union worker for all the faults of the world.... “cowboy”.....whatever
Once again you have bad information. Director job at Amazon and FEDEX actually pays the same or more. Keep swinging away though. I have actually looked at both.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That’s bs... most feeder guys I work with are running out of hours on their last day of the week , barely have enough left for an 8 hour day...Who were the ones getting thousands of dollars of stock per year, and free medical at retirement, and a 401k match, and, and.... many of your partners were becoming millionaires while union members were getting that .85 cent raise a year....big fing deal....ups spent 3x the amount on you than they ever did on the ones actually doing the work.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Once again you have bad information. Director job at Amazon and FEDEX actually pays the same or more. Keep swinging away though. I have actually looked at both.
With all of the same benefits??? If you don’t like it here go over to amazon then, you probably know a few upsers who are working there.... why not, at least you don’t have to mgt overpaid teamster scum like myself anymore...

happyman2018

With all of the same benefits??? If you don’t like it here go over to amazon then, you probably know a few upsers who are working there.... why not, at least you don’t have to mgt overpaid teamster scum like myself anymore...
I never called you an overpaid scum. UPS employees work hard. Negotiations are a compromise on both sides but yet the words compromise equal give back in your world. Pension problems you have were caused by the teamster union and not UPS. We have paid our fair share and then sum. Keep up the hate your spewing as I am guessing the anger helps keep you going.

542thruNthru

Don't know many 50 or older people that say "chill with the hate."

Inthegame

Pension problems you have were caused by the teamster union and not UPS.
Apparently you don't understand that every Taft Hartley multi-employer pension plan UPS participates in is controlled by an equal number of union and employer trustees and UPS has trustees on every plan. Throwing it all solely on one side is a miss. There's plenty of blame to share.

Apparently you don't understand that every Taft Hartley multi-employer pension plan UPS participates in is controlled by an equal number of union and employer trustees and UPS has trustees on every plan. Throwing it all solely on one side is a miss. There's plenty of blame to share.
Exactly. They new about the problems for a long time. They just chose to ignore it. Both sides are at fault.

happyman2018

Dude we gave the teamsters 6 billion to get out. We then gave another 2 billion. Central states manages it into the ground. We still contribute but the portion we control is not pissing money away. Keep thinking it is ups screwing you on your pension.

BigBrown87

Your the reason this company is having issues for not thinking ahead you maroon. The stock is going down because guys like you didn't plan ahead and upgrade the buildings and invest in the company years ago. No I'm cool I will be angry and resentful to people like you that blame the worker for any mistake or loss when the sole blame lands on your door step stupid :censored2:. But hey what do I know I'm just the guy that sees the :censored2: show every day and hears the same complaints from customers why is my air late? Why dont you give me your number so I can tell him to call you since management is the reason why I cant make it out on time. Oh wait you will blame me for being too overpaid and too much benefits that's why. Please go stand by a wall and be useful at doing something for once.

Last edited: