A loader call out?

DriverNerd

Political posts should stay in Current Events. Like UPS and the union would know two years ago there would be a global pandemic with massive unemployment.

UnionGuy

It's quite sad how they are making way more than us. I don't think many people would do it, this would anger UPS and could affect our jobs. UPS already said they aren't giving us any extra pay for this.

zimbomb

I'm confused you're mad at the union because of federal jobless benefits? How does someone else's income effect you? You really need to grow up and mind your own business. Let's get some basic math in play here also. Currently a jobless person will receive $300 + state benefits if eligible. Many southern states have gutted benefits in the past decade leaving many high and dry. Part time total compensation is at least 1k weekly with wage, healthcare and pension contributions.

I'm confused you're mad at the union because of federal jobless benefits? How does someone else's income effect you? You really need to grow up and mind your own business. Let's get some basic math in play here also. Currently a jobless person will receive $300 + state benefits if eligible. Many southern states have gutted benefits in the past decade leaving many high and dry. Part time total compensation is at least 1k weekly with wage, healthcare and pension contributions.
Unemployed people are getting $600 a week since March. Federally. They also got state unemployment too. Please know what you’re talking about before commenting.

zimbomb

Unemployed people are getting $600 a week since March. Federally. They also got state unemployment too. Please know what you’re talking about before commenting.
$600 stopped July 26th in most state's. 7/31 was the official end. If you actually take the time to research what you're talking about you will find many state's, particularly in the south have terrible jobless benefits. Maximum ~$300 with <%20 of unemployed eligible.

Last edited:

zimbomb

That expired end of July, unless they just passed an extension or something, did they?
POTUS signed an executive order of questionable legality with a $300 a week unemployment boost. They went of August vacation and won't be back till after labor day...

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Just what we need another whiny post, more than 4 months into this pandemic and we’re still complaining about unemployment and hazard pay. Just continue to work and support the people who need you to. Good lord.

zimbomb

The 600 has expired, though.
Yes,
$600 stopped July 26th in most state's. 7/31 was the official end. If you actually take the time to research what you're talking about you will find many state's, particularly in the south have terrible jobless benefits. Maximum ~$300 with <%20 of unemployed eligible.
POTUS signed an executive order of questionable legality with a $300 a week unemployment boost. They went of August vacation and won't be back till after labor day...

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Realize in the ups mindset “you can be replaced”

Also you can try this calling out all the time and ups let’s you go and adds you to a no rehire list. Go collect your federal unemployment. Just remember it’s only temporary and you’ll be job searching soon after that.

Realize in the ups mindset “you can be replaced”

Also you can try this calling out all the time and ups let’s you go and adds you to a no rehire list. Go collect your federal unemployment. Just remember it’s only temporary and you’ll be job searching soon after that.
Searching for another :censored2:ty PT minimum wage job with no benefits.

542thruNthru

Searching for another :censored2:ty PT minimum wage job with no benefits.
Again... it's not a minimum wage job in most areas that includes in your area and... Don’t know many PT jobs if any that get full benefits after 9 months.

So its easier to say they can find a better job than actually doing it.

Again... it's not a minimum wage job in most areas that includes in your area and... Don’t know many PT jobs if any that get full benefits after 9 months.

So its easier to say they can find a better job than actually doing it.
It is also a back breaking job for the new hires and no benefits. It was when I started also but at at least I made FT driver wages after 90 days and full benefits and no weekends or Holidays. Reason I stick around so long is to educate the new guys on how much they are being shorted compared to when I started. New FT drivers take home less working OT then I do working straight time PT. Plus I have 7 weeks paid vacations. But don't forget it could be a $100k/yr job someday.