Ancestry Results

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
He is the CEO of a huge corporation ... of course he is NOT a good person.
Nah, I don't think that every CEO is not a good person. Zuckerberg is intentionally institutionalizing the destruction of personal privacy.
That was kind of understandable though.

I mean fb was gonna foot the bill for the Internet. Only common sense that they'd have some say.
No open internet for the poorest of India. He wanted to create free facebooknet for poor people. Everything on their internet filtered through facebook. Somehow that makes me distrust him.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No open internet for the poorest of India. He wanted to create free facebooknet for poor people. Everything on their internet filtered through facebook. Somehow that makes me distrust him.
Yeah I Mean I understand both sides of it.

I mean as a business owner he wants as many people with access to his product as possible. And he's willing to spend big money to get that but he wants to insure a return on his investment also.

skodenn7

I am an enrolled tribal member of the Choctaw Nation.There is no native american DNA marker. The way some tribes do it for enrollment purposes, is the tribe has to already have the DNA sample of the original enrollee that you're related to. They prove that you're related, you're in. I'm sorry but ancestrys DNA test is full of it... If you're grandmother was half Cherokee look on the last Dawes Roll for her name or her parents names.

rod

Retired 23 years
I am an enrolled tribal member of the Choctaw Nation.There is no native american DNA marker. The way some tribes do it for enrollment purposes, is the tribe has to already have the DNA sample of the original enrollee that you're related to. They prove that you're related, you're in. I'm sorry but ancestrys DNA test is full of it...

interesting

Knothead

Yep.
Finally got my results back. They were pretty much what I was expecting.
Screenshot_2017-05-03-21-54-56.png

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anyone else get these DNA mapping done?

Very disappointed I didn't have any African-American or Native American DNA traces in my blood.
I'm just a typical WASP much to my dismay.
Thank Gawd, I'm a true Southerner ... I just couldn't handle being a Yankee descendant.
My great-grandmother was 50% Cherokee Indian but I didn't get the mitochondrial DNA passed on to me.
Such is the way with Natural Selection.

Anyone else get these DNA mapping done?

View attachment 131280
How many markers do they do for that test? The more markers the more accurate the results for matching direct relationships.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
These tests don't go too far back in terms of markers so you get a general background of ancestry, but that's about it. If you test 15-20 markers, you can pinpoint direct relationships between people. The time-span could be 500-1000 years or more, but each would be directly related to a common male ancestor. (Y-DNA)

Sometimes these tests prove a break in the line as well. Large family genealogy groups sometimes find this. For example, John Smith belongs to the Smith Family Genealogy group. He gets his Y-DNA tested and finds that he does not match. Somewhere in the past, another male fathered a child (not a Smith).