Any other centers using AI for their routes

UPSmechanicinblue

The AI (along with rural deferment) has been a disaster in my center. I’m racking up three day per week over 9.5 penalty pay and have plenty of two days per week grievances that SHOULD be paid as well. Those went to penal though.
are they implementing this rural deferment still? I think it was just in the testing it at a few centers last year. How many drivers and did it decrease them after implemented? I remember them trying this maybe 25 years ago

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
are they implementing this rural deferment still? I think it was just in the testing it at a few centers last year. How many drivers and did it decrease them after implemented? I remember them trying this maybe 25 years ago
They are. They hold certain zip codes certain days per week. Some of those result in cutting complete routes. Some partially. And it doesn’t make sense because some of the zips aren’t even the farthest from the center. And are denser delivery areas than their surrounding zips.

The fun is on the days after those are held. Denser routes. Which is fine. But they have been trying to overload them. Especially on Mondays. The alternate days are super light. I’ve was working 10.5+ hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. And barely 8 hour days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. They are trying to make adjustments to minimize the 9.5 penalty but it’s not working.

They are definitely banking on the union screwing us over on the new language for penalty pay for two days of over 9.5. Because they make no attempt to keep us under those two days. The new language obviously needs to be enforced.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We got it a couple weeks ago. Only thing I noticed that changed is that I have a main road with commercial on it that I do first thing and someone else comes later and does the surrounding residential areas off that main road. Now it gives me some of those house stops. Basically one block north and one block south the entire length of the main road. It winds up padding my stop count so I don’t get my usual 40 stop add cut from some random area dumped on my 8s at the end of the day. My air runs closer to trace too, less running around.

Brownwind

We got it a couple weeks ago. Only thing I noticed that changed is that I have a main road with commercial on it that I do first thing and someone else comes later and does the surrounding residential areas off that main road. Now it gives me some of those house stops. Basically one block north and one block south the entire length of the main road. It winds up padding my stop count so I don’t get my usual 40 stop add cut from some random area dumped on my 8s at the end of the day. My air runs closer to trace too, less running around.
Hang in there.
You describe it well. Appreciate the post. It will get a little better as you age and get more seniority.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Yeah they have the AI thing here now the routes are noticeably weirder than last year. The worst part is how it moves pickups to the wrong routes if they cover some of the same area…they have to manually move the pickups back every day lol.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Yeah they have the AI thing here now the routes are noticeably weirder than last year. The worst part is how it moves pickups to the wrong routes if they cover some of the same area…they have to manually move the pickups back every day lol.
As a pick up driver, if it's not in my board I don't go. Period.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
As a pick up driver, if it's not in my board I don't go. Period.

Yeah people have been doing that but the pickups end up missed because the other driver who got the off route pickup just zeroed it out instead of asking the center to move it back to the right route 😂