Any Vet motocrossers out there?

trickpony1

Weren't you the person who was working far beyond retirement to support a sick relative and now you want to drop $6k on a bike that could get you hurt so you can't be there for your relative?

Doesn't sound like a priority to me but I could be wrong.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Weren't you the person who was working far beyond retirement to support a sick relative and now you want to drop $6k on a bike that could get you hurt so you can't be there for your relative?

Sounds like he doesent think a lot of things through

quad decade guy

consider a used Maico or Husky and rebuild it....
Interesting. I've owned both. 1977 AW's to 1981 490 mega 2's. Lot's of Husky's my favorite being the 1981 430 cr's. I had 13 of them at one time. All gone now. I was going home the other day and saw a 1981 Husky in front of a small bike shop in a small town. I stopped and asked how much. $4000. I politely laughed and went on my way. I actually bought a 1981 490 for $500. Not that long ago. I've seen them for $10000. I just can't do it. I have bought some of these bikes for $50. I had the vintage bike illness for about 10 years and when vintage racing fell apart around here, I lost interest. The early days of finding parts and such was a lot of fun. When it became about money....like vintage cars....it lost me. Thanks for a polite reply. Would love to talk bikes.

TTLS1

Not sure what your goal is here, a Chinese dirt bike would be my last choice. My 2015 Yz250f is still a great bike, yes it’s old but unless you’re an A rider or maybe even a B rider having the latest and greatest isn’t needed. Hell I get my ass kicked by guys on 2007 yz250s all the time(old school 2 stroke lol). I’m a current rider I no longer race I hung up competitive racing when I had kids, but I still like to tool around.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Sounds like he doesent think a lot of things through

Put it on a 10 year note. You’ll barely miss the money

KEK y’all never disappoint.

quad decade guy

Not sure what your goal is here, a Chinese dirt bike would be my last choice. My 2015 Yz250f is still a great bike, yes it’s old but unless you’re an A rider or maybe even a B rider having the latest and greatest isn’t needed. Hell I get my ass kicked by guys on 2007 yz250s all the time(old school 2 stroke lol). I’m a current rider I no longer race I hung up competitive racing when I had kids, but I still like to tool around.
Well, a new bike is a new bike. Maybe trail riding and occasional track time. I have read how cost control for even the top rated bikes could be accomplished through sourcing. Yes China. Now, quality control and performance would be complicated. I just see used, quite worn out premium bikes going for prices I just can't justify. For example: a SSR engine can be had for a fraction of just Japanese engine PARTS. I have never ridden an SSR. I have watched videos and evaluations of them in print also. At age 58, do I really need a 60 hp 450? Something new or something worn out. I buy and fix up bikes for fun. It is breathtaking what people will ride and lack of maintenance is bizarre.

TTLS1

Well, a new bike is a new bike. Maybe trail riding and occasional track time. I have read how cost control for even the top rated bikes could be accomplished through sourcing. Yes China. Now, quality control and performance would be complicated. I just see used, quite worn out premium bikes going for prices I just can't justify. For example: a SSR engine can be had for a fraction of just Japanese engine PARTS. I have never ridden an SSR. I have watched videos and evaluations of them in print also. At age 58, do I really need a 60 hp 450? Something new or something worn out. I buy and fix up bikes for fun. It is breathtaking what people will ride and lack of maintenance is bizarre.
If parts are readily available and you’re set on a Chinese bike I guess go for it. I’ll stick to my jap bikes or even Austrian bikes. I choose to ride a 250F I’m in your boat I don’t need a 60hp 450, I’m 6’2 230lbs and my 250f is more than I need for what I do. Parts used to always be an issue with the Chinese bikes, they copied so much of Honda’s bikes guys were using Honda parts to fix their Chinese bikes.

quad decade guy

If parts are readily available and you’re set on a Chinese bike I guess go for it. I’ll stick to my jap bikes or even Austrian bikes. I choose to ride a 250F I’m in your boat I don’t need a 60hp 450, I’m 6’2 230lbs and my 250f is more than I need for what I do. Parts used to always be an issue with the Chinese bikes, they copied so much of Honda’s bikes guys were using Honda parts to fix their Chinese bikes.
Not set on anything. $10k for a new bike? Really? Paying original retail price on 10 yr old used bike? Just can't do it. I am interested in electric bikes though. The noise reduction alone promises to save a lot of riding areas I think. Although places like CALIFORNIA ARE LOST CAUSES. Electric is the future. Gas fueled bikes will simply be outlawed. Guaranteed. Thanks for a thoughtful polite response.

TTLS1

Not set on anything. $10k for a new bike? Really? Paying original retail price on 10 yr old used bike? Just can't do it. I am interested in electric bikes though. The noise reduction alone promises to save a lot of riding areas I think. Although places like CALIFORNIA ARE LOST CAUSES. Electric is the future. Gas fueled bikes will simply be outlawed. Guaranteed. Thanks for a thoughtful polite response.
although they arent in business anymore, see if you can scoop up a used alta, they were amazing. Ive ridden one, fell in love with it.