Undercover Boss

Who says we can’t use logic?
Indie I think you are the most recent one out of training. What would you say was the hardest part?

And what do the rest of you remember as being hard at training?

Indecisi0n

Indie I think you are the most recent one out of training. What would you say was the hardest part?

And what do the rest of you remember as being hard at training?
Go over that inspection 100 times . Watch the video 100 times, write it down 100 times (in the order you do it) . Do flash cards I'd you have to. Take a picture of the tractor/trailer so when you go home you can say all the parts as you look at them . Remember key elements like , always inspect the 5th wheel .

The driving part will come with time. Remember you watch them tires on turns . I'd rather oversteer it when touch a curb (automatic fail) .

Undercover Boss

Go over that inspection 100 times . Watch the video 100 times, write it down 100 times (in the order you do it) . Do flash cards I'd you have to. Take a picture of the tractor/trailer so when you go home you can say all the parts as you look at them . Remember key elements like , always inspect the 5th wheel .

The driving part will come with time. Remember you watch them tires on turns . I'd rather oversteer it when touch a curb (automatic fail) .
Thanks for the info. I may have training next week and am just nervous.

Undercover Boss

I had a question. If you’re hired on as a full time feeder driver but have to go back to package car because there isn’t enough work which pay do you receive?

Johney

We don't bump back into package here but they do bump inside guys. When this happens you get whatever your feeder pay is while working inside.
Better check on that. We can bump(junior employee) back to inside, but after 1 week your pay will reflect that job description per your company seniority. Or bump back to package, but if you have gained seniority in feeders you go back as an unassigned driver subject their mercy. Have you not gained seniority you can bump back to your bid package route.

Johney

Also most if not all our 8 hr inside jobs are 22.3 so if you don't have more company time then that person you have to bump two shifts to get your 8 hrs.

Indecisi0n

Better check on that. We can bump(junior employee) back to inside, but after 1 week your pay will reflect that job description per your company seniority. Or bump back to package, but if you have gained seniority in feeders you go back as an unassigned driver subject their mercy. Have you not gained seniority you can bump back to your bid package route.
It doesn't change here, this I know for a fact . Your classification doesn't change so why should your pay?

Undercover Boss

It doesn't change here, this I know for a fact . Your classification doesn't change so why should your pay?
That’s what I was thinking. If my job title is feeder driver and I’m being paid as such it just seems like too much paperwork and too many grievances to change your pay rate if you go back and forth.

Johney

But your classification does change. You go from driving semis to washing cars or whatever. See when laid off from feeders here they no longer do your time card it goes to whatever dept you’re working for and are paid as such. I’ve never had to bump into the building , but from what I hear from people their pay or hours are always screwed up.

Indecisi0n

But your classification does change. You go from driving semis to washing cars or whatever. See when laid off from feeders here they no longer do your time card it goes to whatever dept you’re working for and are paid as such. I’ve never had to bump into the building , but from what I hear from people their pay or hours are always screwed up.
You are working in a different classification but you are not changed to that classification . I know a lot of guys who have bumped into the building during slow layoffs and they all get paid feeder pay.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Also most if not all our 8 hr inside jobs are 22.3 so if you don't have more company time then that person you have to bump two shifts to get your 8 hrs.

This is how it is in the Central also.

In the Central, you do not keep your feeder pay. You are paid the prevailing rate of pay for the job you bumped into.