barnyard

KTM rider
You also may also be unlucky enough to get a jerk trainer who loves failing people. When I got into feeders I learned many had failed their first school and most of them were failed by the same 2 supervisor trainers.

I had my non production week, production week and another production week (I was on comp for a long time and retrained when I came back), all be 3 different supes. Each supe had a different take, but each also wanted me to succeed and I feel like they did the things I needed to allow me to do well. Now I have another supe that does my annual ride. Same thing. Way, way, way different than package.

You can't file to get those runs back as meet point runs?

They are not runs that we ever had. UPS Logistics took the account from FE with the plan that gypsies would haul loads more than 2 days away, we haul the rest. It is a very big account and getting the account created work.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
My feeder school was taught on 3 weekends by on road supervisors. I had talked to feeder drivers who had clued me in to the low down. A particular trainer had NEVER passed one of his students. The school before mine, The trainer had come the first day and had his bass boat behind his pickup. He DQ'd the guy immediately and was on the lake fishing before noon. Guess who I drew? yeah, same guy. I was on eggshells the whole class. He was very abrasive and condescending. He screamed at me if I made any mistakes. Third day of class, I went over a railroad track that was pretty uneven. Back then, the passenger seat wasn't air ride, but bolted to the floor. He went up, then back down and hurt his back, enough that he couldnt do the last day of class. I got another trainer the last day for my qualifying ride and he passed me.

over9five

Staff member
My feeder school was taught on 3 weekends by on road supervisors. I had talked to feeder drivers who had clued me in to the low down. A particular trainer had NEVER passed one of his students. The school before mine, The trainer had come the first day and had his bass boat behind his pickup. He DQ'd the guy immediately and was on the lake fishing before noon. Guess who I drew? yeah, same guy. I was on eggshells the whole class. He was very abrasive and condescending. He screamed at me if I made any mistakes. Third day of class, I went over a railroad track that was pretty uneven. Back then, the passenger seat wasn't air ride, but bolted to the floor. He went up, then back down and hurt his back, enough that he couldnt do the last day of class. I got another trainer the last day for my qualifying ride and he passed me.
And THAT is called Karma.

Mack37

If you interview, ask how many people they are hiring. If only a few, I would worry. If more than 50, I would say that you will be working pretty steady.

Edited to add... if you read through some of last year's posts in this thread, you will find posts from someone that went into feeders and 6+ months later said that he was 100 spots from the bottom on the seniority list.

Also, if you interview, ask if you are going to be assigned a to a team run or if you are covering team vacations.

They said that starting off would be a call board driver covering summer vacations and any vacant routes. They did reiterate that it is a permanent full time position, local 710.

How much do you make a year at the USPS? This is good money but I wouldn't change if your making a good living with a decent schedule.

So USPS TTO is kind of like UPS feeder as in we start out with crappy pay. Around $22 an hour and capping at about $33 an hour but our progression is ten years so it’s considerably longer than UPS. We do have unlimited overtime for now however as we don’t have to abide by hours of service, time and a half after 8, double time after 10 and double time and a half after 12. I know guys who haven’t taken a day off since April. Or you can work only 40 as we have 8 hour protection.

A big thing with me is benefits. We are under the federal benefit program so we have a ton of choices and some great plans available but they aren’t cheap. Top tier medical/dental/vision cost me about $200 biweekly on top of 5% 401k and 4.4% pension payments.

BottomFeeder909

In my experience most of these things have been proven true. The United States postal Service is now a friendly and efficient place to have a career.

Unlike United Parcel Service the United States postal Service is not looking to fire you after they hire you.

Mack37

In my experience most of these things have been proven true. The United States postal Service is now a friendly and efficient place to have a career.

Unlike United Parcel Service the United States postal Service is not looking to fire you after they hire you.

Well the second part is true. Unless you’re stealing mail you essentially can’t get fired for anything. Old timers say Bush Sr. Was President last time someone got fired for something other then stealing.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you knew about that RR crossing...."didncha........didncha?" "turned Injin , didncha .....didncha? "