midwestbeast

Hey guys, just got called up to feeder I report today. Ill miss driving package cars (Love meeting the woman i ran into😎).
Any tips for training & what should i expect when first starting out. Any advice is appreciated. Im in the Chicagoland area… supposedly Ill be in a smaller hub

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Hey guys, just got called up to feeder I report today. Ill miss driving package cars (Love meeting the woman i ran into😎).
Any tips for training & what should i expect when first starting out. Any advice is appreciated. Im in the Chicagoland area… supposedly Ill be in a smaller hub
Use search function for you question. has been answered 1748 times.
Welcome to to the brown clown cafe

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Get some lined gloves with a cuff, a flashlight (might be nice to have a headlamp for training) and bring a Bandanna to wipe 5th wheel grease off of your face or arms...you will get that stuff everywhere the first few weeks, I mean years.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Get some lined gloves with a cuff, a flashlight (might be nice to have a headlamp for training) and bring a Bandanna to wipe 5th wheel grease off of your face or arms...you will get that stuff everywhere the first few weeks, I mean years.
Nothing like that awesome dry grease that won't just wipe off by normal means.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Make sure to wipe the grease off on all door handles and the steering wheel. The other drivers will love you for it.
That and put about 500 miles on it and park it in tractor parking and not at the pumps. That’s the next guy’s problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nothing like that awesome dry grease that won't just wipe off by normal means.
Nothing like getting that stuff on your face and legs…I use to always wear pants but finally said friend it and mostly wear shorts unless it’s winter…a few more years and I’m out so irdgaf

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That and put about 500 miles on it and park it in tractor parking and not at the pumps. That’s the next guy’s problem.
If I was going to run into my tractor partners start time or be within 15 minutes I would fuel it and do a quick wash on it…other drivers would just park it and not even tell a carwasher about it needing washed asap.. seriously, drivers absolutely notice if you try to make an effort or are just a total d bag…and word gets around fast either way.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
If I was going to run into my tractor partners start time or be within 15 minutes I would fuel it and do a quick wash on it…other drivers would just park it and not even tell a carwasher about it needing washed asap.. seriously, drivers absolutely notice if you try to make an effort or are just a total d bag…and word gets around fast either way.
You get paid by the friend* hour. Wash the damn windshield and park it at the pumps. If you are running short on hours, park it at the pump anyway and let your co-driver know the windshield needs a wash. Have some damn pride in your work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You get paid by the friend* hour. Wash the damn windshield and park it at the pumps. If you are running short on hours, park it at the pump anyway and let your co-driver know the windshield needs a wash. Have some damn pride in your work.
I’ll even take a Clorox wipe to the steering wheel, dash, door handle, etc…after I’m through for the day. it takes only 30 seconds and it’s amazing how many drivers don’t even do that… seems pretty basic

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Washed my tractor before every shift and after every shift .even out of hours during snow days because did not want to be one of those lazy drivers.

30 min OT minimum every day.

Professional Driver.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
They may have changed things since I retired, but we had PT carwash/fuelers who were supposed to clean the tractors after filling the tanks. Management threated us with termination for stealing time if we fueled, washed, etc. I shared tractors with the same guy for years. We worked out between us what was to be done over and above.