Attention Part Timers!!!

TeltBender

99% of the people that don't want to be FT drivers are not disabled. For the ones that are disabled it's the 99% that are hurting their chances because they joined a transportation company that's primary FT job is driving and think that a special job should be created to fit their life style.
Are you saying we should only use part time labor for inside work?

TeltBender

Forced???

Nobody is being "forced" to do anything at UPS.

There are clear choices to be made and there are consequences for those choices, plain and simple.
Hopefully, as it was in 1997 and every contract since, additional full-time opportunities will be created.

....but one thing is for sure, nobody has ever been "forced" to take a part-time or full-time job opportunity at UPS.
Read the full sentence then come back. I guess you saw the word “forced” and decided to regurgitate a whole paragraph about muh huh nobody is forced to do anything in life!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I’m ashamed of the drivers that have the “screw the pters” mentality. That’s not a brotherhood.
Get on the gravy train. More for us! Anyway, most part timers move on after a few years.

Screenshot_20230527_155028_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Commercial Inside Release

Part timers already have it tough enough, without their union brothers sabotaging them. At most locals, the company can get rid of any part timer whenever they want and for the most trivial reasons. In RTW states, most part timers aren't even in the union, when they are disposed of like some temp worker in the private sector. They are treated no different than a ditch digger.

If you are in a Right To Work state, and have tried or requested to join the union, and the local has drug their feet; not returned your calls; or generally ignored your request then TRANSFER the hell out of there! If you stay, chances are your UPS career will come to a permanent end, eventually.

Not everyone needs to work full-time. There is no reason to run people off, that have more options than being a 50-70 hour per week wage slave -- other than pure pettiness.

PT Car Washer

Part timers already have it tough enough, without their union brothers sabotaging them. At most locals, the company can get rid of any part timer whenever they want and for the most trivial reasons. In RTW states, most part timers aren't even in the union, when they are disposed of like some temp worker in the private sector. They are treated no different than a ditch digger.

If you are in a Right To Work state, and have tried or requested to join the union, and the local has drug their feet; not returned your calls; or generally ignored your request then TRANSFER the hell out of there! If you stay, chances are your UPS career will come to a permanent end, eventually.

Not everyone needs to work full-time. There is no reason to run people off, that have more options than being a 50-70 hour per week wage slave -- other than pure pettiness.
In my Local (RTW state) well over 90% of all hourlies are Teamsters. Pretty good considering the transit nature of UPS PT hourlies.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
In my Local (RTW state) well over 90% of all hourlies are Teamsters. Pretty good considering the transit nature of UPS PT hourlies.
May I ask how a part time car washer has any way of knowing the union status of his coworkers?

Seems like a number you might have just made up.