Beeping Trucks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
During inclement weather and under conditions of darkness Package Cars will continuously have the lights on, so why engineer a useless, extremely loud beeping sound? Another example of the company never seeking input from the workers that actually use the equipment.

Overkill on sounds will actually motivate the driver NOT TO USE safety features like hazard lights.

Sixth Punch Sense

Yeah, I lucked out with my latest p1000. No parking brake beeper, no shift inhibitor, an awesome v10 and flashers with a mild clicking.
Probably a Ford. Guy next to me has newish(30k) Ford handles nice has good acceleration. Only thing I don't like is his flasher switch, actually a button, is in the center of his steering wheel. I have a very new Freightliner 8cube, things a piece of :censored2:. Turn radius is awful, acceleration is awful, beeps are loud as :censored2:, sometimes in the morning it barely starts. But when I got it, previous driver scratched the :censored2: out of it, so I like it.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Where is the speaker? Asking for a friend of course. I did tell a mechanic I’ll him to shut the thing off
Probably a Ford. Guy next to me has newish(30k) Ford handles nice has good acceleration. Only thing I don't like is his flasher switch, actually a button, is in the center of his steering wheel. I have a very new Freightliner 8cube, things a piece of *. Turn radius is awful, acceleration is awful, beeps are loud as *, sometimes in the morning it barely starts. But when I got it, previous driver scratched the * out of it, so I like it.
Mine a cng vehicle it’s a freight liner and it’s a beep heaven

quad decade guy

You've been out of pkg for a while.
These days they want us to hit the horn at every stop upon arrival and before we leave.
Ok....they wanted us to do that back then too. I just didn't. Matter of fact, it annoys the crap out of customers.....like day sleepers. You'll make an enemy for life disturbing day sleepers. I never said UPS either. Back in all signature days....I might say UPS out of desperation. There was enough chaos in neighborhoods(dogs barking etc.) without me making more racket.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Ok....they wanted us to do that back then too. I just didn't. Matter of fact, it annoys the crap out of customers.....like day sleepers. You'll make an enemy for life disturbing day sleepers. I never said UPS either. Back in all signature days....I might say UPS out of desperation. There was enough chaos in neighborhoods(dogs barking etc.) without me making more racket.
So you didn't follow the methods?

charm299

I've heard that the beeping was introduced to make us work and walk faster, always reminding us the truck is there waiting on us. It's subliminal stuff that should be illegal. It annoys drivers and customers.
I can’t hear it because I have my Bluetooth speaker blasting gangsta rap all day

UPS Horn Genie

Have you blown your horn today?
BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

All day long! It’s one thing to toot toot! Another thing entirely to beep beep! It’s too much. Who do I talk with to end this insanity?

Toot toot!