Beer

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Just got back from a long drive down from Boston through the east coast rain storm,Now enjoying a Weyerbacher's Merry Monk's Ale with a Rogue's Hazelnut Honey Brown Nectar chaser and waiting for the Eagles to come on.Cheers !!!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I didn't feel like reading this whole thread but Samuel Adams White Christmas is such a damn good beer. By far my favorite new beer I tried in a long time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Picked up a 6 of Yuengling Porter just so I could have one or two to put in my sauerkraut on Wednesday.

Guess I'll have to drink the rest.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
5383b83d34032ecf1e77db61dabee1d40d96f2e412fc8d98790250a1df0b2702.jpg

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Just got a six of Sam Adams Cold Snap. It's an insanely good Belgian style wheat beer. I'll get to it when I finish my Lagerheads Winter Mischief. Sorry 407 but. Thirsty Dog 12 Dogs of Christmas blew away Great Lakes Christmas Ale.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I bought some Sam Adams Double IPA a few weeks ago, and its the first Sam Adams I didn't enjoy. I drank them though, I was lucky to have some Guinness in the fridge to clean the taste out of my mouth.

Has anybody on here ever tried to brew their own beer? I saw a Mr. Beer kit on a season clearance rack the other day for $20, I was thinking about giving it a try. The refill kits are $15, you can make two gallons every couple of weeks.

Last edited:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I bought some Sam Adams Double IPA a few weeks ago, and its the first Sam Adams I didn't enjoy. I drank them though, I was lucky to have some Guinness in the fridge to clean the taste out of my mouth.

Has anybody on here ever tried to brew their own beer? I saw a Mr. Beer kit on a season clearance rack the other day for $20, I was thinking about giving it a try. The refill kits are $15, you can make two gallons every couple of weeks.
Brewing my on beer is on my retirement list.

joeboodog

Not a big IPA fan but can't get enough wheat beer. Still haven't found my favorite beer yet so I guess the search will have to continue.

joeboodog

Decided to make a big batch of chilli today so I made a run to the local grocery and much to my delight they had beer tasting. They had four on tap and for a quarter you could partake in their hoppy goodness.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Growler to Go.jpg

Brooklyn Fire & Ice
7.2 ABV · Brewed by Brooklyn Brewery
Brooklyn Fire & Ice is a robust porter that wraps beechwood smoke around a silky core of oatmeal and roasted malts. Wood is cut in the beechwood forests surrounding Bamberg, Germany, and our maltsters use it to dry their smoked malts, which form the basis of this beer. Together with a blend of roasted malts, it creates a beer that is gently smoky and beguilingly chocolaty, with notes of coffee and caramel.
This weeks fill up