Bill Barr

MAKAVELI

Mueller can do what he likes. But he's already told Barr he didn't disagree with how Barr handled things except for the media coverage of it. And he and his team helped Barr with the redactions. And for crying out loud, Trump wanting to fire someone isn't the same as actually doing it. But go ahead with the impeachment. Let's see if it affects your chances in 2020.
We don't know exactly what Mueller told Barr on the phone. As we haven't heard from Mueller and Barr refused to give the notes from that conversation to the Senate.

vantexan

No collusion, but just barely. Obstruction isn't off the table, even though you'd like it to be.

Jesus, look at the transcript. Trump did everything possible to obstruct, which proves intent. If I put out a contract to murder you, and it's found out before you get killed, I still go to prison for conspiracy to commit murder. Fact.

It is also fact that Trump intended to obstruct, and therefore meets the bar (Barr) for obstruction charges. That his underlings prevented Mueller getting fired etc. doesn't get Trump off the legal hook.

Barr's interpretation is highly suspect and probably not legitimate. Let Mueller testify, and release the un-redacted Mueller Report to Congress. Then everyone can see if Barr is a lackey or not.

Trump is neither exonerated nor innocent.
Trump has the Constitutional right to fire anyone in his administration. Not the same as conspiring to murder. But go ahead, impeach. Have at it. All you've wanted from the moment he won is to make him go away. If you can do it, good for you. Meanwhile what else are the Dems working on and have the voters noticed?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Mueller can do what he likes. But he's already told Barr he didn't disagree with how Barr handled things except for the media coverage of it. And he and his team helped Barr with the redactions. And for crying out loud, Trump wanting to fire someone isn't the same as actually doing it. But go ahead with the impeachment. Let's see if it affects your chances in 2020.

Did Mueller say that? No, that's the spin the Right has already put on the response. Let's let Mueller tell us what he meant. So what if he helped with the redactions...I want to know if he thinks Trump committed obstruction and couldn't do anything because of the existing DOJ policy.

Trump didn't just want to fire Mueller, he TRIED to fire him...twice. McGahn didn't follow through. I want Trump run over by a bus, but I didn't try and have a bus driver do it. See the difference?

I thought not.

vantexan

We don't know exactly what Mueller told Barr on the phone. As we haven't heard from Mueller and Barr refused to give the notes from that conversation to the Senate.
Except Barr testified before Congress under oath and Lindsey Graham has offered Mueller the chance to dispute it. So up to Mueller.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Except Barr testified before Congress under oath and Lindsey Graham has offered Mueller the chance to dispute it. So up to Mueller.

Barr under oath. What a joke. That's like Trump under oath. "I thought you said under OAF, so I lied". Lindsay Graham? Pleeez....

floridays

I find it amusing your first choice of Barr refusing to turn over notes of the conversation is that Barr is attempting to hide something. It's clear you haven't been in the position of a private conversation.
Come on Frisco, take me on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I find it amusing your first choice of Barr refusing to turn over notes of the conversation is that Barr is attempting to hide something. It's clear you haven't been in the position of a private conversation.

It isn't over until Sarah Huckabee Sanders sings.

vantexan

Did Mueller say that? No, that's the spin the Right has already put on the response. Let's let Mueller tell us what he meant. So what if he helped with the redactions...I want to know if he thinks Trump committed obstruction and couldn't do anything because of the existing DOJ policy.

Trump didn't just want to fire Mueller, he TRIED to fire him...twice. McGahn didn't follow through. I want Trump run over by a bus, but I didn't try and have a bus driver do it. See the difference?

I thought not.
Helping with the redactions no big deal? After you guys claiming they were hiding things? Seriously? Going to watch GoT, much more fun than this lunacy.

MAKAVELI

No such thing as private when he mentions it in the hearing. Try again, Tom.

floridays

No such thing as private when he mentions it in the hearing. Try again, Tom.
Contents are, even if he mentioned it and spoke of a part of it. You understand there maybe portions Mueller wouldn't want revealed. That is one reason for meetings in chambers.
Beyond that, that Muellers notes when he appears.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right on time, how could I have imagined a substance less response from you? You never fail to satisfy.
You're out of your league buddy.

I'm a major league All-Star. You are still in T-ball, where even the losers are champions in their own minds.

Blow away, little boy. You're not up to this level of discourse.

JL 0513

I thought not.

If Trump wanted [to follow through] and fire Mueller, he would have fired Mueller. Was he under advisement not to? Sure, but it was always up to Trump. Nobody in the administration is in a position to refuse the directive of the President on such matters. Bottom line, Mueller was free to do his thing to the end.

Are we now a country that incriminates thoughts?

Name one way Trump obstructed.

If you were arrested for murder and you knew you didn't do it, would you just stay quiet? Then you got life in prison, you still just said, oh well. Trump knew he did nothing wrong. He can say anything he wants as he did at public events or through tweets about his innocence. It's called a human right. Unless the President of the United States is the only person without this right.

MAKAVELI

Contents are, even if he mentioned it and spoke of a part of it. You understand there maybe portions Mueller wouldn't want revealed. That is one reason for meetings in chambers.
Beyond that, that Muellers notes when he appears.
Contents will be exposed when Mueller testifies before Congress. Try again Tom.:happy2:

JL 0513

Contents will be exposed when Mueller testifies before Congress. Try again Tom.:happy2:

Are people unaware that everything related to Trump isn't redacted in the Report?

Redacted is:
Grand Jury info
Classified info (sources and methods)
Issues dailing with other investigations not relating to Trump
Info about peripheral people (right to their privacy)

People hoping something new is going to come out and sink Trump will be sadly disappointed.

MAKAVELI

Are people unaware that everything related to Trump isn't redacted in the Report?

Redacted is:
Grand Jury info
Classified info (sources and methods)
Issues dailing with other investigations not relating to Trump
Info about peripheral people (right to their privacy)

People hoping something new is going to come out and sink Trump will be sadly disappointed.
Barr lied under oath to protect Drumpf. Ttku......

floridays

Mueller's notes or recollections will, if he is asked and wants to produce them. Your're still his caddie even after he couldn't deliver what you said he would. You're going to be the last off the sinking ship. Congratulations captain.