Breaking news...LIAM at the....

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

Man, I've got to finally admit: I'm really tired of seeing this. I've heard the same thing about Tim scrubbing toilets around my local, too, and it's getting on my nerves.

If you want to attack him for running against the incumbents and costing the IBT money to run an election, that's fine. If you want to rail on how he handled the Maspeth 250, that's fine too. If you want to criticize how he's run his local, that's also legit. But attacking the guy for being a porter (we represent thousands of porters, janitors, toilet scrubbers, etc. as we're one of the biggest and most diverse unions on the planet) is :censored2:ed up. I don't care what someone does for a living, but everybody (even the guys that scrub the toilets at a UPS hub or anywhere else) that works and punches a time clock to provide for their family deserves respect.

Man, I've got to finally admit: I'm really tired of seeing this. I've heard the same thing about Tim scrubbing toilets around my local, too, and it's getting on my nerves.

If you want to attack him for running against the incumbents and costing the IBT money to run an election, that's fine. If you want to rail on how he handled the Maspeth 250, that's fine too. If you want to criticize how he's run his local, that's also legit. But attacking the guy for being a porter (we represent thousands of porters, janitors, toilet scrubbers, etc. as we're one of the biggest and most diverse unions on the planet) is :censored2:ed up. I don't care what someone does for a living, but everybody (even the guys that scrub the toilets at a UPS hub or anywhere else) that works and punches a time clock to provide for their family deserves respect.
You are entitled to your opinion. I've repeatedly given my opinions. They are moot with this crowd. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. I'm sticking with what I got and you go the route you want. I'm sick of a lot of stuff as well but you won't deter me. Do you you got to do and I'll roll with what I'm doing.

hyena

I'd rather have some one that did the dirty work then someone who had a name and had everything handed to him , the person doing the :censored2: job knows a different story I can promise you that...

And the guy was a lawyer. He's constantly ripped for this. I'm ripping a guy that cleans poop stains. It might seem trivial but so is their arguments to me. When you are dealing with business men you need smart people. I'm sure Tim know some things but to slam Hoffa because he has an education. This show a lack of education on others part. I would want to go into a Rome in a contrac negotiation with workers union men and lawyers. It's not the 1950 anymore.

hyena

And the guy was a lawyer. He's constantly ripped for this. I'm ripping a guy that cleans poop stains. It might seem trivial but so is their arguments to me. When you are dealing with business men you need smart people. I'm sure Tim know some things but to slam Hoffa because he has an education. This show a lack of education on others part. I would want to go into a Rome in a contrac negotiation with workers union men and lawyers. It's not the 1950 anymore.
By slamming Hoffa over education I assume your talking about him being a CORPORATE lawyer? Yes we're union that's deffinitly grounds for alarm, not knocking his education rather where he stands

I've seen what it takes to do this job. Not just working for ups and driving a truck or working in the building. I've seen the politics and more. Most here won't want to hear it but you don't get. It's so easy to armchair quarterback from a message board. There are so many others variables.

hyena

Just because a guy is a lawyer doesn't make him better qualified over a janitor... Wow I thought for a minute you were for the people, that's the problem with us, were shifting away from a union into a corporation ... Sad and I'm young and can see this