Breaking news...LIAM at the....

By slamming Hoffa over education I assume your talking about him being a CORPORATE lawyer? Yes we're union that's deffinitly grounds for alarm, not knocking his education rather where he stands
You don't get it. The United States and the landscape of the entire world has changed. Unions arent held in the regard that they so once were. It sickens me to death. I spend a lot of time trying to educate the average American on how unions bring the balance of power to the real life poor and middle class man or woman. People don't relate to you anymore. It's just not the 1950's or the 1970 anymore. Reagan and bush 1 and two friend. Ed us all. We will never catch up. We need to evolve.

Last edited:

hyena

You don't get it. The United States and the landscape of the entire world has changed. Unions are held in the regard that they so once were. It sickens me to death. I spend a lot of time trying to educate the average American on how unions bring the balance of power to the real life poor and middle class man or woman. People don't relate to you anymore. It's just not the 1950's or the 1970 anymore. Reagan and bush 1 and two friend. Ed us all. We will never catch up. We need to evolve.
I hear you brother, that's why we must fight to win better contracts not subpar.i don't know how else to change it, I wish I could,I'd lay my life on the line to get my brothers and sisters what they deserve , unfortunately people forget or never had to struggle , perhaps one day we'll have someone who didn't forget where they came from then we'll have a leader.WHERE are all the retirees?! They should be teaching!

Just because a guy is a lawyer doesn't make him better qualified over a janitor... Wow I thought for a minute you were for the people, that's the problem with us, were shifting away from a union into a corporation ... Sad and I'm young and can see this
So I'm not for the people now? Have another beer and keep posting. I don't think you mean that. I think we went through this before a while back when you had a couple. The next day you said you didn't mean it. If you do or not whatever.

hyena

You don't get it. The United States and the landscape of the entire world has changed. Unions arent held in the regard that they so once were. It sickens me to death. I spend a lot of time trying to educate the average American on how unions bring the balance of power to the real life poor and middle class man or woman. People don't relate to you anymore. It's just not the 1950's or the 1970 anymore. Reagan and bush 1 and two friend. Ed us all. We will never catch up. We need to evolve.
To evolve we need this education that your goddess Hoffa had. Why doesn't the union educate the newbies anymore? Power is in the people!

hyena

So I'm not for the people now? Have another beer and keep posting. I don't think you mean that. I think we went through this before a while back when you had a couple. The next day you said you didn't mean it. If you do or not whatever.
Dont throw stones if you live in a glass house!

I hear you brother, that's why we must fight to win better contracts not subpar.i don't know how else to change it, I wish I could,I'd lay my life on the line to get my brothers and sisters what they deserve , unfortunately people forget or never had to struggle , perhaps one day we'll have someone who didn't forget where they came from then we'll have a leader.WHERE are all the retirees?! They should be teaching!
friend I've been fired for representing members and you are saying you actually lay your life on the line. Have one for hyena. You won't ever get it till ups has you totally on the ropes for something you didn't know just because of union involvement. Restraining orders your blond hair blue eyed 2 year old son and my five year old daughter and wife crying because a false restraining order was filed on me. That was a jugular shot at me. I rose up. Knocked the bully in the mouth and and a man amongst boys on a daily basis. All the while they all look at me as a 24 point buck. Try this on for size. You think ups don't know who I am whenever I post on this forum. I walk in there and take it. Really I don't take it I flourish. Lay your life on the line? Skoff

hyena

friend I've been fired for representing members and you are saying you actually lay your life on the line. Have one for hyena. You won't ever get it till ups has you totally on the ropes for something you didn't know just because of union involvement. Restraining orders your blond hair blue eyed 2 year old son and my five year old daughter and wife crying because a false restraining order was filed on me. That was a jugular shot at me. I rose up. Knocked the bully in the mouth and and a man amongst boys on a daily basis. All the while they all look at me as a 24 point buck. Try this on for size. You think ups don't know who I am whenever I post on this forum. I walk in there and take it. Really I don't take it I flourish. Lay your life on the line? Skoff
I said I'd lay my life on the line... And brother you have no idea about my trials and tribulations , none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So keep hating you Hoffa supporters make this union week.dont pretend .....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hold it. "Hoffa Jr rose to the top"?? LOL!! Was he ever a driver or a loader or unloader or sorter or even a helper?? No!! Did he ever run for shop steward and learn how to deal one on one with maroon managers?? NO!! Did he ever put in a grievance?? NO!! Did he ever run with a slate of activist members and run a local??NO!! Did he ever have to negotiate a local supplement with a District manager?? NO!!
Did he ever have to deal with a member getting discharged for stupid stuff and fighting like hell to get him back?? NO!!
Hoffa didn't "rise" to any occasion. He was allowed to skip the really hard steps because of his family name. As a famous pol once said about george H W Bush:He was born on third base and thinks he hit a triple!!
He was a dock worker on freight liners. I'm sure it sounds like a silver spoon compared to a toilet shoveler.

10 point

Put the blanks out there I'll fill them in
The blank to be filled in was linked to the question posed.

I understand that there's give and take in negotiations but a four year progression? Really?

Vacation coverage drivers used all year long? Really?

Offering to add the MMI language to the Central Supplement? Really?

Safety and methods added to Art. 17? Really?

Whose side is Hoffa on?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Hoffa has been in office since 1999. You do the math. Anyway, I'm not sure of your credentials but I have a few accomplishments myself. Probably makes me more qualified than Jr.But my dad was certainly not the President of the Teamsters.
As for why I "don't like him", I never said I didnt like the man. I just dont respect the man. First, he never earned any local cred by getting his hands dirty. Second, because he exploited his family's famous name. Third, because the only thing he really fights for IS HIS ELECTION CAMPAIGNS!!
By the way Ron Carey was not "caught doing criminal activity". He was accused of knowing about a scheme others had did. No proof existed that he knew of the swap. On the actual charges against him (lying to investigators), he was acquitted, so stop the lies.
So why did he get banned for life.....he was acquitted for lying to investigstors and no proof existed of the swap.....so he got banned for life for no reason?

Last edited: