Brown Cafe Cruise Thread

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Reality isn't crabby. Don't slobber on your buffet... :teethy:

I've been on too many cruises to count, love cruising.

I like how DeSantis is standing up for freedom. But, private companies have a right too and as customers we have the right to choose. Most likely there will be a compromise with the cruise industry and I don't think that the State can over rule the Fed, we'll see.

I'm vaccinated, so pound sand or the buffet. Cheers...

I can’t picture you at a buffet.
We usually do the specialty dining but I like the buffet. I enjoy the assortment of items.

Wally

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am waiting for cruising to actually resume, and if it does I'm taking my wife on an Icelandic Cruise this summer

upschuck

Cancel that cruise. Who will chance getting stuck?

One outbreak ruining a cruise and they are finished.
I would put item in agreement, that if you cause additional fees to the cruise line, and not vaccinated, that those charges would be forwarded to paid by the offender.

over9five

Staff member
Cancel that cruise. Who will chance getting stuck?

One outbreak ruining a cruise and they are finished.
Don't you find it odd that the airlines aren't finished?
Thousands of people every day sitting within six feet of 12 other people for HOURS, and in a sealed tin can with 300 other people? How in the world do they survive?

This is why I say #abolishthecdc . It makes no sense that airplanes can fly crowded with 300 people, but ships can't sail even though you're out in the open air 90% of the time.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't you find it odd that the airlines aren't finished?
Thousands of people every day sitting within six feet of 12 other people for HOURS, and in a sealed tin can with 300 other people? How in the world do they survive?

This is why I say #abolishthecdc . It makes no sense that airplanes can fly crowded with 300 people, but ships can't sail even though you're out in the open air 90% of the time.
In all fairness, the amount of pre pandemic flights that had viral outbreaks so terrible that people had to crap in a bag and leave it in the aisle pales in comparison to the amount of cruises this happened on. Just saying.

over9five

Staff member
In all fairness, the amount of pre pandemic flights that had viral outbreaks so terrible that people had to crap in a bag and leave it in the aisle pales in comparison to the amount of cruises this happened on. Just saying.
Today. Right now. Why is it safe to fly, but not to cruise?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Today. Right now. Why is it safe to fly, but not to cruise?

Because I’m vaccinated?

Maybe the amount of people on a ship and the amount of time you spend around said people. Most US flights are probably 3 hours or under. IDK, but like I said, never heard of a Noro or Roto virus outbreak on a plane. Unfortunately like many things associated with Covid no one knows wtf is right or wrong.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
“About 40 percent of a cabin's air gets filtered through this HEPA system; the remaining 60 percent is fresh and piped in from outside the plane. “Cabin air is completely changed every three minutes, on average, while the aircraft is cruising,” says Becker.”

-from National Geographic
But I’m not a pilot, can we get one to chime in? Maybe JumpinJackAss

I can tell you for sure that on a passenger train, your AC is constantly recirculated from the outside; hence the immediate faint smell of brake shoes when coming to a station stop

Wally

Why are vaccinated people so worried about what other people are doing? If the vaccine works then what does it matter if others dont.
Big money down the drain if the unvaccinated get infected on a cruise boat. Fly and you are off the plane in hours, A cruise is 7 days or longer.

What they need is a law saying they can dump the sick at the first chance. Until then party continues.

over9five

Staff member
Big money down the drain if the unvaccinated get infected on a cruise boat. Fly and you are off the plane in hours, A cruise is 7 days or longer.
If you're vaccinated, how does this affect you? Most people are vaccinated now anyhow, with more getting vaccinated every day.
Your government has held this industry hostage long enough.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
With breakthrough infections people are “almost always” asymptomatic, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert told CBS “Face the Nation” Sunday.

Your leader says its safe. Why are you still trying to force your agenda on everyone else?