Build a mosque...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Please back that statement up with some facts.
A lot of the southern states had segregation laws until the late 50's and early 60's. Birmingham, AL fought integration all the way to the Supreme court, where it was finally ruled unconstitutional in 1963.

diesel96

.".....get more facts, ask more questions....Don't decide by just soundbites. "

With that kind of advice, we'd be run over like what's happened in France and happening in the UK. I don't like the 'wait and see' attitude....not for me.

With that kind of advice, people would re-elect B.O. (God forbid)

So you admit, you don't get all the facts, don't ask questions, and just decide by soundbites....What we have here folks is the prototypical target audience for the GOP Spin Machine.

Speaking of the GOP fear mongering media machine.....
What I find most amusing about the "mosque story" is that suddenly, no one is concerned with the scary illegals invading through Arizona. Was that solved? No? Was it ever an actual problem? Yeah somewhat, but it has been on the decline since the end of the Bush Adm and all thru the Obama Adm. Does anybody programed from the Right Wing Media realized we pull our combat troops out of Iraq also ? This Summer it's all about the Mosque, last summer, it was Death Squads and Tea Parties.
And next summer it'll be something else, but here are the elements I guarantee it will have....a story that is covered non-stop, an incendiary topic that gets people talking, something that either stokes fear and/or hatred and involves a charge based on almost no facts, no real formidable questions addressed, and missing content sounbites galore.

klein

Für Meno :)
Gee, and here I was all along thinking Mexicans came to the US only after Obama !

Sorry , for being sooo wrong.

sarcastiic

av8torntn

Does anybody programed from the Right Wing Media realized we pull our combat troops out of Iraq also ?.

Does anyone on the left know that was because of Bush? All that talk about what Obama was gonna do and he did nothing but follow the plan and agreement that Bush had started. Talk about getting your facts. There are reasons you don't want the media talking about the Bush drawdown in Iraq.

Diesel you should face facts. If the economy has not improved and unemployment is still above 8% in 2012 all the crying you do about the right wing media won't keep Obama from being a one term president. It's always the economy.

klein

Does anyone on the left know that was because of Bush? All that talk about what Obama was gonna do and he did nothing but follow the plan and agreement that Bush had started. Talk about getting your facts. There are reasons you don't want the media talking about the Bush drawdown in Iraq.

Diesel you should face facts. If the economy has not improved and unemployment is still above 8% in 2012 all the crying you do about the right wing media won't keep Obama from being a one term president. It's always the economy.

I still bet Obama will be a 2 term.
Just not enough rednecks to beat out the black and liberal population.

av8torntn

Just not enough rednecks to be out the black and liberal population.

Wish I could take that bet. The problem for his side is that there is a very good chance that we will still feel like we are in a recession and that will spell doom at the polls. By that I mean an extended period of low to no economic growth. We are facing massive tax increases and new regulatory burdens and this will probably keep our economy from expanding at a brisk pace. He will have nobody to blame as he has enjoyed two years of very large majorities in both houses. So far his policies have been failures. Sure he has the opportunity to turn things around but I think the smart money would be against him.

klein

Wish I could take that bet. The problem for his side is that there is a very good chance that we will still feel like we are in a recession and that will spell doom at the polls. By that I mean an extended period of low to no economic growth. We are facing massive tax increases and new regulatory burdens and this will probably keep our economy from expanding at a brisk pace. He will have nobody to blame as he has enjoyed two years of very large majorities in both houses. So far his policies have been failures. Sure he has the opportunity to turn things around but I think the smart money would be against him.

and if Bush would have stayed in power, the US deficit was growing at a rate never before seen.
So, sooner or later, you would have seen tax increases under him, too !

The US has the benifit (I call disadvantage of only having 2 term leaders).

Because, unlike other major countries... they just hand out goodies, to get re-elected, and then leave.

diesel96

AV...Don't not make an ASS out of U and ME. Nowhere on that post was a mention of Bush or Obama taking credit for executing a Combat Troop drawdown in Iraq. Chill.. Now let's put your side's train of thought to the test. Righties says after 2 years " Stop blaming Bush excuses for running this Country into the ground, and for the slow recovery". Meanwhile, after 2 years, we pull Combat Troops out of Iraq, you want all the credit to go to Bush. You can't have it both ways AV8....

I'm not entitiled to my own facts, and neither are you.... Here's a fair assessment....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-08-30-stimulus30_CV_N.

Obama was dealt :censored2: cards in a Texas poker hand and told to go "all in" with that hand when he was elected. I frankly do not give a damn about how bad the GOP perceives he is doing, I will probably vote for him again. Frankly, McCain would have had to have a "stimulus package", he would have bailed out the banks, he would have continued both wars and possibly started a third with Iran or North Korea, and everyone, anyone with any gray matter in their head at all should realize that the deficit with McCain, OR any other mainstream Republican candidate, would look just as bad now, JUST AS BAD, PERIOD, as it does under Obama. The two Bushes and for that matter Ronald Reagan PROVED that Republican presidents, and for that matter Republican congressmen, really don't care about the deficit. Now that the deficit is "owned" by the Democrats, it suddenly decides to become a serious national issue.

Who's " WE" ? Do you make more than a quarter million dollars/year ? It's a proven consences that extending the Bush Tax cuts will add to the deficit..... And by "WE", are you representing the majority of the American people ? Or just the small top percentage wage earners. Funny, when you hear high profile Republican politicians mention "The American People" that mainly represents factions of the American Right Wing. Who are they kidding. As far as his policies, they have kept us from the extreme scenario of another Great Depression, and have been generally nursing the US back to a slow recovery.....

moreluck

golden ticket member
So we are now going to recreate the entire middle east into present day US social decorum and law. This should be fun.

Are you blonde or what.....it's about not wanting the murdering of family members to be the common allowable practice where we live. I'm talking HERE, HERE, HERE. I don't care what they do in their sandbox!! I give up on you, it's like trying to nail jello to the wall!

over9five

Staff member
Actually there are fewer coming here since Obama mainly because his policies have wrecked our economy.

LOL, I think you've stumbled on the Obama Plan To Stop Illegal Immigration:

Wreck the economy so thoroughly that even the Mexicans won't want to come here.

Obama would be SOOOO easy to beat in the next election IF the GOP could come up with any half way reasonable candidate. I don't know if that can happen.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
New reports from The Record out of Hackensack, N.J., reveal Feisal Abdul Rauf, the would-be Ground Zero imam, owns taxpayer-subsidized apartment buildings in Hudson County where the tenants have made municipal health complaints including rat, roach and bedbug infestations, seeping toilets, leaks, urine-soaked hallways, no heat and no hot water.
Despite millions of dollars in government subsidies, Rauf has trouble maintaining several small apartment buildings in North Bergen, Palisades Park and Union City.
From the NewJersey.com report:
Page after page of municipal health records examined by The Record show repeated complaints ranging from failure to pick up garbage, to rat and bedbug infestations and no heat and hot water.
Cynthia Balko, 48, of Union City — a longtime tenant of Rauf’s — said she’s had to live with rats, leaks and no heat: “I don’t have anything nice to say about the man.”
Despite having received over $2 million in public funding for renovations, Rauf’s tenants were forced to file municipal health complaints to seek relief. One such single mother living in a Rauf-owned apartment in Union City said Rauf has not answered complaints.
From an additional story in The Record:
To understand her perspective, you need to go to a forlorn corner on the Jersey side — to 22nd Street in Union City and a four-story apartment building owned by Rauf. The locks on a front door are broken and the hallway leading to [Melba] Lopez’s two-bedroom apartment smells of urine.
Looking east on 22nd Street — back across the Hudson — the Empire State building pokes the sky. On that side of the river, New York’s mayor speaks of Rauf as a symbol of religious freedom and last week invited the Imam’s wife, Daisy Khan, to dinner at Gracie Mansion to honor the Islamic celebration of Ramadan. But in Union City, Lopez, a single mother, has another way of describing the man who has time to promote the so-called Ground Zero mosque, but does not seem to have time to answer her complaints about leaks in her toilet.
Lopez said in the report she has never met the would-be Ground Zero mosque imam but she says she has met Rauf’s wife Khan. Lopez said she remembers Khan telling her that she and her husband did not have enough money to fix her leak and other problems in the building. What Lopez did not know was that at the same time, Rauf and Khan were trying to raise money for their mosque project on the other side of the Hudson.
According to the new reports, Rauf has a long history of taxpayer subsidies and grants for slum properties. There’s even a new revelation of a lawsuit settled in June over what the report terms a suit alleging fraud.

[T]he suit alleged Rauf and Khan transferred ownership to another firm they owned and then obtained a $650,000 mortgage on the same building from a bank. After the building was damaged by fire in February 2008, Rauf and Khan stopped making mortgage payments to Cockinos, a former key executive at Daibes’ Mariner’s Bank. When Cockinos tried to foreclose, he discovered Rauf and Khan had switched ownership and filed suit alleging “fraud.”
The case was settled shortly before a June 28 trial, with Rauf and Khan agreeing to pay off the mortgage to Cockinos within the next few years, said the couple’s lawyer, Richard Rosa of Hackensack.
In response to this story Rauf’s wife, Daisy Khan claims their business dealings in New Jersey have “no relevance to the Park51 project”. She then goes on to blame the tenants for the state of their slums. She doesn’t say where all the taxpayer subsidies went.

wkmac

Actually there are fewer coming here since Obama mainly because his policies have wrecked our economy.

I guess Obama decided to follow Bush on that plan too!
:happy-very:

Sorry, just couldn't lay off such a perfect pitch!
:wink2:

BTW Jones: Thanks for the Greenwald piece.

wkmac

Does anybody programed from the Right Wing Media realized we pull our combat troops out of Iraq also ?

D,

We still have 50k plus troops over there and they all are combat trained and they carry a weapon. The Washington spin may seem convincing and obviously will get political mileage but let the situation turn bad and you'll see those remaining troops show their combat readiness in a heart beat. The US also built the world largest embassy (the size of Vatican City) so in truth the 50k remaining are to support the new Iraq garrison and I just don't see those numbers declining no matter what Obama sez nor who wins the election in 2012'.

And let's be honest, Iraq was nothing but a money pit and GI Joe and friends want me to believe they are Jake and Elwood on a mission from God!
:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Are you blonde or what.....it's about not wanting the murdering of family members to be the common allowable practice where we live. I'm talking HERE, HERE, HERE. I don't care what they do in their sandbox!! I give up on you, it's like trying to nail jello to the wall!
You think that would happen HERE, HERE, HERE? Are you serious? Which state will be the first to enact the law? If it's about here, then post a story about a stoning or mutilation carried out HERE, HERE, HERE, that the government allows under Freedom of Religion concerns.

av8torntn

AV...Don't not make an ASS out of U and ME. Nowhere on that post was a mention of Bush or Obama taking credit for executing a Combat Troop drawdown in Iraq. Chill.. Now let's put your side's train of thought to the test. Righties says after 2 years " Stop blaming Bush excuses for running this Country into the ground, and for the slow recovery". Meanwhile, after 2 years, we pull Combat Troops out of Iraq, you want all the credit to go to Bush. You can't have it both ways AV8....

I'm not entitiled to my own facts, and neither are you.... Here's a fair assessment....

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-08-30-stimulus30_CV_N.

Obama was dealt :censored2: cards in a Texas poker hand and told to go "all in" with that hand when he was elected. I frankly do not give a damn about how bad the GOP perceives he is doing, I will probably vote for him again. Frankly, McCain would have had to have a "stimulus package", he would have bailed out the banks, he would have continued both wars and possibly started a third with Iran or North Korea, and everyone, anyone with any gray matter in their head at all should realize that the deficit with McCain, OR any other mainstream Republican candidate, would look just as bad now, JUST AS BAD, PERIOD, as it does under Obama. The two Bushes and for that matter Ronald Reagan PROVED that Republican presidents, and for that matter Republican congressmen, really don't care about the deficit. Now that the deficit is "owned" by the Democrats, it suddenly decides to become a serious national issue.

Who's " WE" ? Do you make more than a quarter million dollars/year ? It's a proven consences that extending the Bush Tax cuts will add to the deficit..... And by "WE", are you representing the majority of the American people ? Or just the small top percentage wage earners. Funny, when you hear high profile Republican politicians mention "The American People" that mainly represents factions of the American Right Wing. Who are they kidding. As far as his policies, they have kept us from the extreme scenario of another Great Depression, and have been generally nursing the US back to a slow recovery.....

Well I did not assume anything I just offered my opinion as to why the media was not giving you more news on Iraq. It is hard for you guys to get past the fact that Obama did not do any of the things in Iraq that he promised during his campaign (immediate withdrawal, etc.). The fact happens to be that he only followed the security agreement that Bush had signed with Iraq while he was still president. Since you want an assumption I'll give you one. I think we will see Obama try to take credit for this phased drawdown of troops and then you will see your "right wing" media call him out on it.

There was never any doubt in my mind that you would vote for Obama again. The problem for you is that you do not elect the president. You are a zombie and just blindly follow what the dimocrats say. The people in the middle elect our president and they normally vote with the economy.

The we I was referring to would be anybody that received a tax cut under Bush which would be everyone that pays taxes. The we also refers to anyone who consumes health care services plus anyone who does not consume health care services. It also refers to anyone who receives dividends. (This massive tax increase he is proposing could crush investments.) It also refers to anyone who has capital gains. It will refer to anyone who pays state taxes as they will have to go up to pay for all these new federal mandates. I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who will not face an increased tax burden by the time this president is finished. Luckily for us it looks as if the Republicans will be able to block his energy tax but if they do not you could add anyone who consumes energy to the list of we.

There really is no debate the policies of this president are keeping our economy from recovery.