Build a mosque...

av8torntn

If you want to call it that ! To create work that no one can pay for (housing boom, along with that, new roads, landscaping, cable services, etc)

And then it busted under Bush. Sure then !

Except that it really only busted after the dimocrats had their nominee in place. As much as I hate to admit it consumer confidence played a major role. People were and still are unsure what effects the policies of this guy will have in the long term. One reason why foreclosures and unemployment are so high two years after Bush is gone. No doubt to me Bush was a left winger but this guy is an extreme radical and his policies are very harmful. If Bush were so bad economically as you imply there would have been some indication of this during his presidency. The only thing we got was long term economic growth. You may not like it but it still does not change it. You asked me what economic growth and I showed you. I know you want to somehow say that economic growth is bad but to the people that elect the president in this country it is viewed as a great thing. People in this country for the most part want to work. They want to own a home. They want to send their children to college. They want to be able to buy new TVs and cars and clothes.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, Canada enjoyed economic growth during that same time period , too.
Only differnce was, that Canada enjoyed record budget surpluses year after year, while the USA recorded record deficits year after year.

If you want to call that economic growth.... that is up to you.

Almost forgot to mention : The US dollar devaluated during that time period, too.
While the CDN dollar came from 65 cents to the US dollar to an $1.10 over the greenback.

And not only the cdn dollar, but all other major currencies.

So, good luck travelling now, because your dollar sucks in other countries.

Btw, since Obama took office, the cdn dollar sunk again another 15 cents..... only at 95 cents now.

av8torntn

Well, Canada enjoyed economic growth during that same time period , too.
Only differnce was, that Canada enjoyed record budget surpluses year after year, while the USA recorded record deficits year after year.

If you want to call that economic growth.... that is up to you.

Problem is our votes do not count for any of your elected leaders. So your reply makes no sense and seems irrelevant.

diesel96

Fear people FEAR...QUOTE]

How does it feel to be wrong about everything? I have no fear. Yes it may be true this president we have has made our lives a little more complicated but I am comforted to know that his radical agenda is about to hit a steep roadblock at the end of the year. Every week it looks more possible that the dimocrats will lose the Senate along with the House. Also as every day passes it looks more and more likely this guy will be a one termer. This is a reason to be happy not fearful. You are worried about who will be running against him and probably rightly so but the way things are looking they will be able to bring bozo the clown back from the grave and beat this guy. Anything is possible as the republicans saved Clinton and I suppose in theory this is also possible with Obama.

AV8, stick your head out the window and get a breath of fresh air. However....nice use of key words like RADICAL AGENDA....scary...I'm surprise you didn't throw in a Pelosi or a Reid to exasterbate the post a little more......Newt would be proud of the verbage drama....

What economic expansion are you talking about ?

I cut the rest of your reply out as it made no sense.

Real GDP growth rate

2000 4.1%

2001 5%

2002 .3%

2003 2.45%

2004 3.1%

2005 4.4%

2006 3.2%

2007 3.2%

2008 2%

2009 1.1%

Not to mention an average of about 4% unemployment with anywhere from 3-20 million criminal aliens working. That's an economic boom no matter how you look at it.

An economic boom for who ?
The average Joe ? Only among Republicans are Bush's economic policies popular: 5 times as many of them support Bush's policies than support Obama's. No matter how you look at it, partisan hacks........while the bottom 99 percent of incomes grew at a solid pace of nearly 3% percent per year during Clinton, these incomes grew barely over 1% per year during Bush. As a result, during the Bush years with GOP implemented domestic policies, the top 1 percent captured two thirds of income growth. If GOP had their way, No Workers would ever get ahead! In GOP world its only Corporations and their Interests that matter -- Helping regular People is just NOT in their Political Playbook. Good thing we had an election in 2008, to finally start to reel in the GOP's "Midnite Madness", Going-out-of-Business fire-sale, before they gave away the entire store! ... at bargain basement prices, to their best friends and business buddies. If we keep up the GOP's "business as usual" policies, we may end up with the Top 10% of the Wealthy owning everything -- instead of only HALF OF EVERYTHING, like they do now:
Check out these numbers (from Pew, conducted July 22-25):

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Maybe you should start putting half your paychecks away into savings.
Then you could take some time off, too !

LMAO!!! One of my coworkers spilled his coffee he was laughing so hard...your a riot!!!:rofl:

Im making time and half this week (64bux an hr) and will be making double time by Thursday (86bux an hr) so maybe i will put half into savings with that paycheck. No need to as i always take nice vacations...just not to Cuba. Thanks for the investment advice though....LOL.

Remember the first step is the hardest...but you can do it Klein...just ask for help: http://www.edmontonaa.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=83

klein

LMAO!!! One of my coworkers spilled his coffee he was laughing so hard...your a riot!!!:rofl:

Im making time and half this week (64bux an hr) and will be making double time by Thursday (86bux an hr) so maybe i will put half into savings with that paycheck. No need to as i always take nice vacations...just not to Cuba. Thanks for the investment advice though....LOL.

Doesn't it feel soo great to brag about how much money you earn at work ?

While, I don't even brag, that I probably never need to work again ?
But, I want to do something for another 5 years, then call it quits.
When those 5 years start, that's up to me.

Think I might go back to Cuba in September, but this time for 2 weeks.

Enjoy your life, I sure am !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Doesn't it feel soo great to brag about how much money you earn at work ?
Yup.:wink2: I dont drink beer at work so i can continue to make the big bucks. :happy-very:
While, I don't even brag, (what!!!) that I probably never need to work again ?
I dont like to leach off my fellow American tax payers so i work instead...im sure your neighbors appreciate you leaching from them.
But, I want to do something for another 5 years, then call it quits.
Your going to quit drinking in 5 years??? Are you sure your liver will make it?
When those 5 years start, that's up to me.
I bet your liver will have something to say about that.
Think I might go back to Cuba in September, but this time for 2 weeks.
You should try and meet your buddy Castro and get his autograph.
Enjoy your life, I sure am !
Thanks and remember Klein....the first step is the hardest...You can do it!!!!

UPS Lifer

Hey Dies! Your biggest supporter is Klein! ... That has got to tell you something!:beerhat:

Let me some up your politics for the rest of us.... If you disagree with Dies - you are a hater of some kind! I find that very amusing... ! Thank You!!!! I actually know a real hater of Muslims. I was shocked when I got the email from her. She is from Mass. and she is Jewish. I know she has friends in NYC so I wanted to get her insight. WOW! She makes no distinction in her feelings and she feels that all Muslims are at war with the Jewish people. I have a sneaky feeling that because many Jewish people (not all) feel that BO has left them out to hang in the wind that their frustration has turned to much more.

Between you and Klein I don't know which posts I enjoy more. OK! You are both tied for number two. More is number one just because her wit is REAL humor and sometimes snide and cutting (and I happen to agree with her!)

New Yorkers - I really feel your pain. This is an extremely sensitive issue and out of respect for all of those who lost loved ones, a true responsible community member would not make you endure any more pain and anguish. It is a shame that common decency and dare I say.... COMMON SENSE cannot prevail in this situation. This is obviously not about bringing people together. One of my neighbors who retired here from NYC went to 7 funerals after the towers fell. How can any of us who were not there and did not lose close friends and relatives understand the pain these people feel. God Bless You All.

Opps! I now have been branded a Muslim hater by the ubers!

klein

Wow lifer... while I was vacationing in Mexico... there was one American at the resort I chatted with.
A true Republican , by all means.

Hated Obama , too.
But one thing he told me he liked about Obama, is that he decided not to invest more money into Israel.
I don't know what bonds the repbulicans and Israel myself.

But the way that American told me in his own words was " Finally a president that doesn't bend down to Israel and doesn't support them no matter what." - Basically , friend off !
You tell me what your bond is with them, because, I sure don't know.

If you want to create peace down there, you can't hand over favours , money and support to one country, and ignore (screw), or even invade the others.

P

pickup

Wow lifer... while I was vacationing in Mexico... there was one American at the resort I chatted with.
A true Republican , by all means.

Hated Obama , too.
But one thing he told me he liked about Obama, is that he decided not to invest more money into Israel.
I don't know what bonds the repbulicans and Israel myself.

But the way that American told me in his own words was " Finally a president that doesn't bend down to Israel and doesn't support them no matter what." - Basically , friend off !
You tell me what your bond is with them, because, I sure don't know.

If you want to create peace down there, you can't hand over favours , money and support to one country, and ignore (screw), or even invade the others.

I am doing this off the top of my head so I can't back it up but I believe you can reasearch it. Believe it or not, many powerful Americans of christian persuasion pushed for the creation of Israel in 1948 due to self fulfillment of prophecy. Somewhere in the Bible, there might be a verse or two that implies or states that Israel must be a nation again before the the 2nd coming of Christ. Obviously , some christians( including many of the religious right christian/republicans) feel with the continued existence of Israel , there is no stumbling block to Mr. J.C. coming back.

This is part of the reason why Israel came into existence and why it enjoyed much support from Republicans and from some Democrats. Please note that I said part of the reason. There are many others.

klein

Well, I guess this explains it, too :

Ten of the 100 U.S. Senators are Jewish. We are five times over-represented in the U.S. Senate because the non-Jewish population votes for Jews not because the candidates are Jewish but because the American population is generally not bigoted.
Likewise, there are 27 Jews in the House of Representatives, constituting 6.5% of the membership. Again we are 3 times overrepresented because religion is not a factor in American politics.
Right now, seven Jews are running for governor in this fall’s elections. In earlier years, Jews have been governors in Alaska, Idaho and Utah as well as in New York. There are of course also numerous Jews in state legislatures and in other political offices.
These political successes may well reflect our economic success. The median income in the United States is about $25,000 a year. That means that one half of all Americans earn more than that, and one half earn less. The median Jewish American income is double that, i.e., $50,000 a year.

Got nosy and had to look it up, source :http://www.jbuff.com/c052302.htm

diesel96

Actually you had challenged my opinion on the odds of Obama getting reelected and in my opinion the effects of Pelosi and Reid are about to get minimized. But all in all nice dodge and a fair effort at trying to change context.

lol...A dodge ? My bad, I wasn't aware that peticular posts had content worthy of you demanding a challenge except for a scary emotional threat of radical agendas and one term President.....He's my challenge rebuttle. I disagree.....NEXT.... :volleyball: I challenge you in volleyball....:thumbup1:

Hey Dies! Your biggest supporter is Klein! ... That has got to tell you something!:beerhatLet me some up your politics for the rest of us.... If you disagree with Dies - you are a hater of some kind! I find that very amusing... ! Thank You!!!!:

Unlike yourself Lifer, It's in my nature to stick up for the little guy, the average Joe, the down on his luck, the disadvantaged, the under-privledged, the working man against bullies such as yourself so if that makes me the hater, so be it. The mere fact that I think for myself, decipher misinformation, rise against the Corperate machine, challenge this conservative dominated Current Events forum, I most certainly hope I'm amusing some of you. And at the same time getting thru to a few of you also by exposing more light on your Rt wing media narratives portraying fear, race baiting, sound bites, and black helicopters flying over head....

Between you and Klein I don't know which posts I enjoy more. OK! You are both tied for number two. More is number one just because her wit is REAL humor and sometimes snide and cutting (and I happen to agree with her!)

New Yorkers - I really feel your pain. This is an extremely sensitive issue and out of respect for all of those who lost loved ones, a true responsible community member would not make you endure any more pain and anguish. It is a shame that common decency and dare I say.... COMMON SENSE cannot prevail in this situation. This is obviously not about bringing people together. One of my neighbors who retired here from NYC went to 7 funerals after the towers fell. How can any of us who were not there and did not lose close friends and relatives understand the pain these people feel. God Bless You All.

Opps! I now have been branded a Muslim hater by the ubers!

More is number one alright, the number one poster of all time.....I really think she's obsessed that Tieguy or Upstate might catch up...

The Mosque....Let's review...2009 both Laura Ingram and Glen Beck didn't have a worry about the Community Center being built at Park 51.( oh BTW Glen Beck hates 9/11 families) Anyway, Mass hysteria occurred a few months ago when a bunch of Rt Wing web sites then media outlets reported Mosque to be built right-on top of ground Zero. After many facts corrected by reliable sources from the preliminary reports, forget it, too late. People have become so fearful and brainwashed they ain't buying the facts. In fact a hate campaign and little flare ups against American Muslims has filtered out towards the rest of the Country. Lies about the Imam erupted, the same Imam work in the State Dept for GW Bush of all people. People so resentful and gullible their easily being seduced into believing Obama is a practising Muslim. Legitimate 9/11 familiy member survivors have a strong compelling argument. But for most of us, this Mosque won't make a damm bit of difference in our lives. we'll never see it, never walk by it, even put people to work. They're be a gym, pool, a Culinary School, Art Center etc, and praying rooms on the top floors. The NYC council and Manhattanites have voted in favor, the 1st amendment steadfastly supports it. Our troops die over that piece of paper known as the Constitution, and the vitrol hatred against innocent Muslims displayed here in this country, puts our troops and objectives in more danger overseas as well. And we both have sons in the Military overseas.....so lets be sensitive to our men and women serving now, and not generate any more hate by the actions we portray on this side of the pond.....

lol...A dodge ? My bad, I wasn't aware that peticular posts had content worthy of you demanding a challenge except for a scary emotional threat of radical agendas and one term President.....He's my challenge rebuttle. I disagree.....NEXT.... :volleyball: I challenge you in volleyball....:thumbup1:

Unlike yourself Lifer, It's in my nature to stick up for the little guy, the average Joe, the down on his luck, the disadvantaged, the under-privledged, the working man against bullies such as yourself so if that makes me the hater, so be it. The mere fact that I think for myself, decipher misinformation, rise against the Corperate machine, challenge this conservative dominated Current Events forum, I most certainly hope I'm amusing some of you. And at the same time getting thru to a few of you also by exposing more light on your Rt wing media narratives portraying fear, race baiting, sound bites, and black helicopters flying over head....

More is number one alright, the number one poster of all time.....I really think she's obsessed that Tieguy or Upstate might catch up...

The Mosque....Let's review...2009 both Laura Ingram and Glen Beck didn't have a worry about the Community Center being built at Park 51.( oh BTW Glen Beck hates 9/11 families) Anyway, Mass hysteria occurred a few months ago when a bunch of Rt Wing web sites then media outlets reported Mosque to be built right-on top of ground Zero. After many facts corrected by reliable sources from the preliminary reports, forget it, too late. People have become so fearful and brainwashed they ain't buying the facts. In fact a hate campaign and little flare ups against American Muslims has filtered out towards the rest of the Country. Lies about the Imam erupted, the same Imam work in the State Dept for GW Bush of all people. People so resentful and gullible their easily being seduced into believing Obama is a practising Muslim. Legitimate 9/11 familiy member survivors have a strong compelling argument. But for most of us, this Mosque won't make a damm bit of difference in our lives. we'll never see it, never walk by it, even put people to work. They're be a gym, pool, a Culinary School, Art Center etc, and praying rooms on the top floors. The NYC council and Manhattanites have voted in favor, the 1st amendment steadfastly supports it. Our troops die over that piece of paper known as the Constitution, and the vitrol hatred against innocent Muslims displayed here in this country, puts our troops and objectives in more danger overseas as well. And we both have sons in the Military overseas.....so lets be sensitive to our men and women serving now, and not generate any more hate by the actions we portray on this side of the pond.....
You rant about conservatives putting out misinformation in a post filled with misinformation. Laura Ingram did not say she supported the CC/with a Mosque inside at Park51. What she said was(paraphrased), she supported efforts to bring the various religions (including muslims) together in harmony. Not the same thing,.
Glen Beck hates 911 families? source please.
What lies about Imam Rauf are you referring to? And what truths dispelled those lies? source please.
I would be willing to bet that most people that believe Obama to be a practicing muslim today, have believed it since he threw his hat in the presidential ring.
The Constitution does NOT support the building of a mosque, it disallows the Federal gov from creating an official national religion. Granted the SCOTUS has interpreted the actual wording to a much broader meaning. In fact even in that broader reach of the 1st amendment the gov can not support the building of the mosque/CC.

You did get one thing right though. Regardless of where the mosque/CC is built, my day to day life will probably not be effected. My opposition to the building plans for Park 51 are in support of the survivors of the attacks on the USA by muslim radicals yelling praise Allah as they died.

moreluck

golden ticket member
..."oh BTW Glen Beck hates 9/11 families)"....

This is partly correct.....Beck hates 9 or 10 of the 911 families or so he says......the same way I don't like some of the Katrina people.....the ones who could've left and didn't and then expected everybody else to risk their own lives to come get them. then wanted the gov't to take care of them.

We didn't hear anything from the iowa tornado or the Memphis floods....people picked themselves up and started working.

I'm not sure of Beck's reasons, but probably something like that.

moreluck

golden ticket member
From the most recent Globe...

"The American president told me in confidence that he is a Muslim." Egyptian Foreign Affairs Minister, Ahmed Aboul Gheit.

"In fact, Geit insists that during a one-on-one meeting, the leader of the free world swore to him that he was a Muslim, the son of a Muslim father and stepson of a Muslim stepfather and that his half brothers in Kenya were Muslim."

"After his mother married Soetoro, the family moved to Indonesia, when Barack was 6. There he was raised Muslim and sent to a Muslim school called a madrassa for 4 years."

You may hate the Globe, but how can they print 2 full pages of this stuff without getting sued??

Lue C Fur

Evil member
..."oh BTW Glen Beck hates 9/11 families)"....

This is partly correct.....Beck hates 9 or 10 of the 911 families or so he says......the same way I don't like some of the Katrina people.....the ones who could've left and didn't and then expected everybody else to risk their own lives to come get them. then wanted the gov't to take care of them.

We didn't hear anything from the iowa tornado or the Memphis floods....people picked themselves up and started working.

I'm not sure of Beck's reasons, but probably something like that.

I remember Beck slamming some of the 9/11 families and i agreed with him. Reason was because some were out for money like welfare leaches. Many were turned down and found to had falsified records trying to get money...sad that even in death there is greed and scams...just like Katrina. Also the vid that our Liberal friend Deez posted has been doctored and if Deez looks hard enough he will find the actual audio clip that is not taken out of context and put in a Anti-Beck youtube vid...Typical left wing hate. I guess its politics as usual though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"sad that even in death there is greed and scams.."

Anybody that has a family knows this as a fact !!! Which is why we have friends