Build a mosque...

av8torntn

Obama would be SOOOO easy to beat in the next election IF the GOP could come up with any half way reasonable candidate. I don't know if that can happen.

I do not think that they will even have to come up with a half way reasonable candidate. It is still very early though. We should have a good idea who the next president will be in about six months.

av8torntn

I guess Obama decided to follow Bush on that plan too!
:happy-very:

Sorry, just couldn't lay off such a perfect pitch!
:wink2:

Bush was a little to far on the left wing for me but we did enjoy economic expansion while he was president. No argument it could have been better.

klein

Für Meno :)
Bush was a little to far on the left wing for me but we did enjoy economic expansion while he was president. No argument it could have been better.

What economic expansion are you talking about ?
The fake housing boom ?

All through out the Bush years, the national deficit grew, and the trade deficit, too !
The last time that the US had a trade surplus was prior to Bush.
Same goes for a balanced budget, or a budget surplus.

diesel96

D,

We still have 50k plus troops over there and they all are combat trained and they carry a weapon. The Washington spin may seem convincing and obviously will get political mileage but let the situation turn bad and you'll see those remaining troops show their combat readiness in a heart beat. The US also built the world largest embassy (the size of Vatican City) so in truth the 50k remaining are to support the new Iraq garrison and I just don't see those numbers declining no matter what Obama sez nor who wins the election in 2012'.

And let's be honest, Iraq was nothing but a money pit and GI Joe and friends want me to believe they are Jake and Elwood on a mission from God!
:wink2:

Wkmac, not arguing that point at all, I'm just wieghing in on the order of importance. The troop pullout or the mosque issue.
Point being in context, is the 24/7 hammering of this Mosque issue, over the summer by the right wing media, practically ignored the end of the Iraq War as we know it, wherein the last 7 1/2 years over 4400 troops lost their lives and 32,000 were injured.

diesel96

Well I did not assume anything I just offered my opinion as to why the media was not giving you more news on Iraq. It is hard for you guys to get past the fact that Obama did not do any of the things in Iraq that he promised during his campaign (immediate withdrawal, etc.). The fact happens to be that he only followed the security agreement that Bush had signed with Iraq while he was still president. Since you want an assumption I'll give you one. I think we will see Obama try to take credit for this phased drawdown of troops and then you will see your "right wing" media call him out on it.

From the early days of Barrack's presidential campaign he sought a reduction of U.S. troops in Iraq, and formulated a timetable for its implementation. Yes, the status of forces agreement between the U.S. and Iraq established a timetable and condition of withdrawal of U.S. troops from that besieged nation, but beyond its physical signing, let it be clear, George W. Bush was definitely not the architect of what occurred in Iraq last week.

A CBS News headline from July 21, 2008 read:
Obama, Maliki Agree On Iraq Withdrawal By 2010
The story went on to explain: Source CBS News;

Face to face with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki, Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama gained fresh support Monday for the idea of pulling all U.S. combat forces out of the war zone by 2010. The Iraqi government did not endorse a fixed date, but indicated it hoped American combat units could be out of Iraq sometime in 2010. That timeframe falls within the 16-month withdrawal plan proposed by Obama.

If memory serves me correctly, Obama was widely criticized by many in the media and the Republican Party for daring to contemplate the pulling out of combat troops from Iraq, not just by 2010, but by any timetable. The media, as well as the Republicans, were put to shame when Nouri al-Maliki, as well as many in the international community agreed with the presidential candidate.

Once again, CBS News: After Obama's visit
"In Washington, the White House expressed displeasure with recent public comments by Iraqi leaders on the withdrawal question and suggested they might have the U.S. election on their minds."
There was never any doubt in my mind that you would vote for Obama again. The problem for you is that you do not elect the president. You are a zombie and just blindly follow what the dimocrats say. The people in the middle elect our president and they normally vote with the economy.

Despite what your predictable demeanor dictates to those who voted for Obama, the refusal of acknowledging the GOP's Party extreme Right Wing/Evangelical takeover prevents your Centralists/Moderates from nominating a winnable Canidate over Obama. Good luck with a Newt, Palin, or a Huckabee challenge.....And if you can't see the struggles between the Progressives and the Obama Administration's move too much towards the Center for watered down legislation compromise, then I suggest a re-examination by the eye doctor......

The we I was referring to would be anybody that received a tax cut under Bush which would be everyone that pays taxes. The we also refers to anyone who consumes health care services plus anyone who does not consume health care services. It also refers to anyone who receives dividends. (This massive tax increase he is proposing could crush investments.) It also refers to anyone who has capital gains. It will refer to anyone who pays state taxes as they will have to go up to pay for all these new federal mandates. I think you will be hard pressed to find someone who will not face an increased tax burden by the time this president is finished. Luckily for us it looks as if the Republicans will be able to block his energy tax but if they do not you could add anyone who consumes energy to the list of we.

There really is no debate the policies of this president are keeping our economy from recovery.

Fear people FEAR...So this is the end of our country as we know it. Going back towards the days of the Clinton years. My, goodness, the sky is falling and black helicopters are flying over your house. Everyone has a responsibility to pay their fair share of taxes....You want the wars, you want the hugh Military Ind Complex, tack on a spending bill to revive our country from depression, then there's a price tag to all this. Pay your taxes and stop whining, our Generation and the Boomer Generation need to pay for our mistakes, not pass it on to our kids/grandkids.....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
http://righttruth.typepad.com/right...ind-the-ground-zero-mosque-is-discovered.html
Finally, the real purpose behind the Ground Zero mosque is discovered

There is talk that the Muslims are seriously considering accepting Gov. David Patterson's offer to allow the mosque to be built on government land (with government financing?) if they will agree not to build near Ground Zero. There are several reasons why this will probably not happen, but whether it does or not we now know the real purpose behind the proposed mosque: The Sharia Index Project which would occupy several floors of the proposed mosque and cultural center.
Ground Zero Mosque’s Hidden Websites: Follow the Shariah, by Christine Brim

Do the math. The 15 floors planned for the Ground Zero Mosque just don’t add up.
Follow the Shariah Index Project to solve the puzzle of the 6 mystery floors: We found two hidden websites with copiously deleted information, all about the Imam’s Cordoba Institute Shariah Index Project. The information on their websites — information that the Imam tried to hide with a new whitewashed version — suggests that the six mystery floors of the Ground Zero Mosque will be dedicated to the Imam’s long-term goal: the Shariah Index Project, designed to benchmark Shariah compliance, to distribute Shariah propaganda, and to enforce Shariah law in America and worldwide.

wkmac

Wkmac, not arguing that point at all, I'm just wieghing in on the order of importance. The troop pullout or the mosque issue.
Point being in context, is the 24/7 hammering of this Mosque issue, over the summer by the right wing media, practically ignored the end of the Iraq War as we know it, wherein the last 7 1/2 years over 4400 troops lost their lives and 32,000 were injured.

The mosque, Arizona immigration, Beck's Mall Rally, Obama's vacations, Michelle's this and that, sharia law to enslave us, all side shows. More versions IMO of Rome's wine and circus. Without these diversions, we'd see just how inept all our political leaders are, just how in fact they have no real answers, no real solutions and that all they can do is try and use these soundbite spin jobs to make us think we have crisis after crisis and thus ramping up the fear factor and thus in our state of panic we will continue to empower them to save us. To save us from the evil or crisis they in truth created to begin with.

As for pulling out the troops from Iraq, it's all tempered by the fact that things are heating up in Yemen and in Africa among other places so before you/we celebrate VE day, make sure you/we are watching where no one is looking!

"The typical lawmaker of today is a man wholly devoid of principle — a mere counter in a grotesque and knavish game. If the right pressure could be applied to him, he would be cheerfully in favor of polygamy, astrology or cannibalism." ~ H.L. Mencken

"Democracy is the art of running the circus from the monkey cage." ~ H.L. Mencken

av8torntn

I cut the rest of your reply out as it made no sense.

Real GDP growth rate

2000 4.1%

2001 5%

2002 .3%

2003 2.45%

2004 3.1%

2005 4.4%

2006 3.2%

2007 3.2%

2008 2%

2009 1.1%

Not to mention an average of about 4% unemployment with anywhere from 3-20 million criminal aliens working. That's an economic boom no matter how you look at it.

av8torntn

Fear people FEAR...QUOTE]

How does it feel to be wrong about everything? I have no fear. Yes it may be true this president we have has made our lives a little more complicated but I am comforted to know that his radical agenda is about to hit a steep roadblock at the end of the year. Every week it looks more possible that the dimocrats will lose the Senate along with the House. Also as every day passes it looks more and more likely this guy will be a one termer. This is a reason to be happy not fearful. You are worried about who will be running against him and probably rightly so but the way things are looking they will be able to bring bozo the clown back from the grave and beat this guy. Anything is possible as the republicans saved Clinton and I suppose in theory this is also possible with Obama.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
India's economy races 8.8%...

Russian economy grows 4.0%...

German unemployment rate 7.6%...

US Auto Sales May Hit 28-Year Low as Discounts Flop...

wkmac

The economic expansion you speak of may have been enjoyable for a moment in time but in the longhaul, it was not sustainable. Sex with a diseased infested lover may also be wonderful at the moment of passion but at some point afterwards the lasting effects will cause extreme regret and the reality of one's foolish actions will manifest.

People speak of how good things were during the Clinton years and in that span of time from an economic POV most people seemed to have it pretty good but it too was unsustainable. When the DOT.com boom imploded taking away the 49er goldrush in tax revs in the stock market, the real estate market was ramped up along with "no limit" credit for both the private as well as the gov't sector.

One day in the future when our children's children's children look at history I don't believe they'll look at the Presidents and political leaders of the 20th and early 21st century with such completely wrong mythological eyes as we tend to do. I believe they will curse the generations of the 20th and early 21st century and they will be right in doing so!

"Perhaps in time the so-called Dark Ages will be thought of as including our own." ~ Georg Christoph Lichtenber

"Keynesianism is not a theory of economics. It is a confidence game, and the question is not whether they can correctly predict the future. The question is, can they gain your confidence and get you to act in such a manner that they can steal your wealth?
" ~ Howard S. Katz

klein

I cut the rest of your reply out as it made no sense.

Real GDP growth rate

2000 4.1%

2001 5%

2002 .3%

2003 2.45%

2004 3.1%

2005 4.4%

2006 3.2%

2007 3.2%

2008 2%

2009 1.1%

Not to mention an average of about 4% unemployment with anywhere from 3-20 million criminal aliens working. That's an economic boom no matter how you look at it.

Hey, if I put everybody to work building homes and roads, that no one could afford, I can create jobs and a higher GDP, too !

klein

So you agree you were wrong and we did enjoy a long period of economic expansion under Bush?

If you want to call it that ! To create work that no one can pay for (housing boom, along with that, new roads, landscaping, cable services, etc)

And then it busted under Bush. Sure then !

av8torntn

The economic expansion you speak of may have been enjoyable for a moment in time but in the longhaul, it was not sustainable.

And it does not matter in my context. The middle of the road voters tend to elect our president and they normally vote with the economy. If the economy is still bad or viewed as bad there will be a landslide in the mid term elections. If the economy is still weak or viewed as weak, as many are beginning to think, B. Hussein will be only a memory as president. It will not matter who the repubs nominate.

My view has been and remains that it is not the job of the government to "sustain" economic growth. I feel that we should allow freedom to determine economic growth.