By Invitation Only

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Attachments

• IMG_2418.JPG
    IMG_2418.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 52

Over 70

I'm a cheater. I use a Masterbuilt digital electric smoker. Doing some baby backs and some sweet potatoes on mine today. Some guys like @RonBurgandy?????????? and @cosmo1 along with @burrheadd and @joeboodog are some real pros around here. Post some pics when your done if you feel like it.

I got a masterbuilt for free and gave it to my father in law. I regret it as I've since got into making and curing my own sausages, bacon, and other meats. It would be very nice for very low temperature control

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a 22.5" Weber Smokey mountain and I use a digi-q temp controller for long cooks. Only other upgrade is the stainless steel side door. I have the gaskets for it but need to get around to installing.

Today, nothing special just a couple pork butts using leftover rubs. I like to use up all my rubs before I stock back up and pork butts never seem to care what you put on them, they're always good.

For wood I'm using cherry on kingsford blue.

Since you asked, I'm assuming it's like a hobby of yours as well. If so, whatcha cooking lol
I like to play around with rubs also till they are gone. Wth is kingsford blue. Is it lump charcoal ? I didn't know kingsford made lump charcoal.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I have a 22.5" Weber Smokey mountain and I use a digi-q temp controller for long cooks. Only other upgrade is the stainless steel side door. I have the gaskets for it but need to get around to installing.

Today, nothing special just a couple pork butts using leftover rubs. I like to use up all my rubs before I stock back up and pork butts never seem to care what you put on them, they're always good.

For wood I'm using cherry on kingsford blue.

Since you asked, I'm assuming it's a hobby of yours as well. If so, whatcha cooking lol
I just googled kingsford blue. You just lost all credibility. Smh...

Over 70

Meh when used properly it's not the heat source that adds the flavor. It's the wood added to the hot clean burning fire.

I use lump for high heat searing applications and prefer briquettes for low and slow predictibility.