By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Im in my early 30's but have over 1000 vinyl records and am a progressive rock nut and generally like most rock out of the 60's and 70's.

Talking about Rolie, I prefer Greg Rolie era journey, I always liked the contrast between him and Perry. The pre Perry journey was pretty good music too that almost no one knows about because it was mostly instrumental.
Early to mid 70's was the best progressive rock. I listen to a lot of it.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Im in my early 30's but have over 1000 vinyl records and am a progressive rock nut and generally like most rock out of the 60's and 70's.

Talking about Rolie, I prefer Greg Rolie era journey, I always liked the contrast between him and Perry. The pre Perry journey was pretty good music too that almost no one knows about because it was mostly instrumental.

That concert with Ringo and others would of been something to see

This was the line up:

Over 70

This was the line up:

Luthaker, nice! Interesting combo with Rolie. My old man is into the newer Toto AOR type stuff and while it's not my cup of tea the dude can play.

oldngray

nowhere special
Agreed. If I had to pick one band it might be King Crimson. Genesis in a close second. I'm a sucker for organ and mellotron.
A lot of Brit bands in the late 60's and lasted until late 70's. Hardly anything after 1980. Genesis was great but I liked them better after Peter Gabriel left. Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons and many others. You probably liked Traffic too if you like mellotron.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sorry, the longer I work at UPS the dumber I become. All that micro managing.
lucille_eyeroll.gif

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Agreed. If I had to pick one band it might be King Crimson. Genesis in a close second. I'm a sucker for organ and mellotron.

Correct if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since I listened to King Crimson and I'm to lazy to go pull Court of the Crimson King out and look at it.

Wasn't Carlos part of that band?

Over 70

A lot of Brit bands in the late 60's and lasted until late 70's. Hardly anything after 1980. Genesis was great but I liked them better after Peter Gabriel left. Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons and many others. You probably liked Traffic too if you like mellotron.

The first two traffic albums are gold to me, along with the one off blind faith album. Speaking in that vain, how about the early humble pie albums with Marriott and Frampton. Pure gold that I feel no one remembers now. Marriott is who Robert plant wished he could sing like.