By Invitation Only

MAKAVELI

Which is what makes the targeting rule so terrible. The speed at which the game is played doesn't allow time for adjustments of where you're gonna hit someone.

If you're gonna have it be a rule it should be illegal for an offensive player to duck down or to hurdle.
Might as well force them to stand still when tackled. The point of the rule is to reduce head and neck injuries.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Might as well force them to stand still when tackled. The point of the rule is to reduce head and neck injuries.
And I'm ok with that if you write a reasonable rule.

Going high and hitting a receiver coming across the middle. No need for that.

An offensive player dropping their head and it being targeting or I have even seen it called when a d lineman jumped in the air to deflect a pass and came down and literally tapped face masks with the qb.

Intent needs to be factored in somehow. Especially when you're kicking a kid out of a game.

MAKAVELI

And I'm ok with that if you write a reasonable rule.

Going high and hitting a receiver coming across the middle. No need for that.

An offensive player dropping their head and it being targeting or I have even seen it called when a d lineman jumped in the air to deflect a pass and came down and literally tapped face masks with the qb.

Intent needs to be factored in somehow. Especially when you're kicking a kid out of a game.
I agree there are some ticky tacky calls that shouldn't be called. But as time goes on I think there will be less of those as both players and refs will be more accustomed to the rule.

Brownslave688

I agree there are some ticky tacky calls that shouldn't be called. But as time goes on I think there will be less of those as both players and refs will be more accustomed to the rule.
I also don't think the booth should be able to call down and say it needs reviewed. Targeting should be an obvious on field penalty.

tons of hits look bad when it's in slow motion.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I also don't think the booth should be able to call down and say it needs reviewed. Targeting should be an obvious on field penalty.

tons of hits look bad when it's in slow motion.
It's football man..... Your suppose to go out and try to hit the opposing team
As hard as u can... I don't understand the world today.

Brownslave688

Oh and it's been around since 2008. They still figured it out almost a decade later.

MAKAVELI

Oh and it's been around since 2008. They still figured it out almost a decade later.
College football targeting penalties, ejections may see reductions in 2017
"We can still see clear player behavior [changes]," Redding said. "Plays that five years ago we'd be scared to death the guy would be killed, now we see players holding up, getting their head out of the way, wrapping up, doing less of a launch. Even though the [targeting] numbers are up, it's been a positive player behavior impact on the game itself."

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
IMG_1525.JPG

@RonBurgandy??????????