By Invitation Only

oldngray

nowhere special
Here the cops seldom pull people over during rush hour. They just park in a visible place to get people to slow down.

Watch out at other times when there are few other cars on the road though.

Except for school zones. Those are usually speed traps.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Here the cops seldom pull people over during rush hour. They just park in a visible place to get people to slow down.

As much as I hate speed traps, I don’t have a problem with them in school zones. People just don’t care and drive too fast.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rush hour is when most people are driving slower simply because they have to.

I know most of the local cops and one of them told me that they don't even start looking unless someone is going more than 35 in a 20 mph school, which I found hard to believe.

oldngray

nowhere special
As much as I hate speed traps, I don’t have a problem with them in school zones. People just don’t care and drive too fast.

I understand about slowing down but it is used too much as a revenue generator. The nearest school to me has absolutely zero pedestrian traffic (farm fields on 3 sides) but still has a hundred yard stretch on the nearest main road where they will almost certainly give you a ticket if you are a couple of miles over the limit.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
i-vHb3CryeDkJrTydwmJFJ1M1HrFtjAGIDC5xI7wI7bkOqV_iV0Zpr6jtm-9Lmv6n1pgkMBhJHSb2Ef1XMxLEQ=s400.png

rod

Retired 23 years
My 90 year old mother-in-law renewed her license last year for 4 more years. Passed her eye test no problem. Her son asked her to quit driving and she did but she still likes to brag about having a license and keeps her Dodge Caravan insured. As far as we know she don't have keys anymore.