By Invitation Only

rod

Retired 23 years
I've seen parents so wanting their kid to be a sports star (gymnastics, hockey, baseball--you name it) that they follow along like sheep doing ANYTHING these coaches suggest.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've seen parents so wanting their kid to be a sports star (gymnastics, hockey, baseball--you name it) that they follow along like sheep doing ANYTHING these coaches suggest.
And gymnastics is probably about the worst of them all.

These parents and kids need to decide if they are all in by 12/13

Future

Victory Ride
I know parents that sent their sons 2 Russia ...for hockey ....as well as Hs out of state

Future

Victory Ride
It’s sad because then sports becomes more about whose parents have the most money as opposed to natural born skills.
I saw a lot of that ... we had avg income ... rolled with the big shots on travel teams ..... lawyers Drs ...etc .... their kids weren’t that good ... made teams cause of their cash flow

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I saw a lot of that ... we had avg income ... rolled with the big shots on travel teams ..... lawyers Drs ...etc .... their kids weren’t that good ... made teams cause of their cash flow
Yep. It’s like that with soccer here. My daughter has always been a really good goalie. She has been on her school soccer teams for years. Next high school over probably would have never even considered her because the coaches only choose kids who were on travel teams. It’s not right.

Future

Victory Ride
Yep. It’s like that with soccer here. My daughter has always been a really good goalie. She has been on her school soccer teams for years. Next high school over probably would have never even considered her because the coaches only choose kids who were on travel teams. It’s not right.
I watched so many instances of politics during my progression through youth sports .... I coached for a few years ... and none of my sons teams .... me and Danny O .... made a difference 2 this mystique

Future

Victory Ride
I watched so many instances of politics during my progression through youth sports .... I coached for a few years ... and none of my sons teams .... me and Danny O .... made a difference 2 this mystique
We did choose 1 player over another ...tied for playing talent ... cause his mom was hotter

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is nooooo safe recipe ... for this .... one bad friend ... one bad person ....
Yes like I said you do the best you can but you can't drive yourself nuts over it.

I mean every guy my daughter ever dated could be a sexual predator. That doesn't mean I lock her in her room til she moves out.

Future

Victory Ride
Yes like I said you do the best you can but you can't drive yourself nuts over it.

I mean every guy my daughter ever dated could be a sexual predator. That doesn't mean I lock her in her room til she moves out.
Exactly you will drive yourself nutso .... I am even talking about Gf s that could lead her into wrong doings ....drugs etc

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
flood.gif